Broken nails will not grow!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have been growing my nails and they have been hard and barely break however, around Christmas one of my nails broke. It still hasn't grown or been as hard as my other nails. I also broke my thumb nail in a tragic way so decided to try acrylic nails last month and the woman put one also on the nail which wouldn't grow. finally have taken off the acrylic nails and my thumb is back to normal but still my other nail just breaks soon as it grows a tiny bit. 

So i am basically asking if anyone has any suggestions on how to help it grow so then my nails can get back to their long healthy and strong way.

:) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I have been growing my nails and they have been hard and barely break however, around Christmas one of my nails broke. It still hasn't grown or been as hard as my other nails. I also broke my thumb nail in a tragic way so decided to try acrylic nails last month and the woman put one also on the nail which wouldn't grow. finally have taken off the acrylic nails and my thumb is back to normal but still my other nail just breaks soon as it grows a tiny bit. 

So i am basically asking if anyone has any suggestions on how to help it grow so then my nails can get back to their long healthy and strong way.

:) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20">

There are some nail polish base coats that help to strengthen the nails. Have you tried those? Sephora carries the perfect nail line. Nails Inc also have a coat that is said to help the nails grow. You also want to make sure to eat a good diet and get enough protein and calcium and B-vitamins to keep your nails healthy.

Εat healthy food, apply nail oil, avoid dipping them in water for a long time and stay away from acrylic, buffers and nail strengtheners, all they will do is make it worse.

Latest posts

Back