Urban Decay Naked Heat Palette

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Did anyone get the new UD Naked Heat Palette? It looks pretty. Looks like it's sold out at Sephora. Not sure if it's available anywhere else.

urban decay naked heat palette.jpg

summer-2017_urban-decay-scorched_003.jpeg

I love the colors! Perfect for summer! I can't justfify buying it now because I want to wear less makeup for summer. Probably in a month or two if it's available in Sephora, I'd def buy it!

I purchased it the other week ago when Urban Decay had a short pre-release that started at midnight PST. In the "invite"? that I received to order it though, it didn't specify Pacific Standard Time, so I was up at midnight (my time -EST) trying to add it to my basket to no avail. I got back up at 3 am and ordered it then. I then sent an email to customer service that next time they should be sure to put the time zone they are going by in their releases.

Anyhow, I really like it. The formula seems to be right on par for UD shadows, and I like the wide array of mattes and shimmers. I've heard several beauty gurus say that if you own the ABH Modern Renaissance pallete (which I do) that there is no need to have both. I completely disagree. The only thing they have in common is that they are warm palettes. That's it. Although I enjoy my ABH more because I think it blends easier and the color range is wider; I basically got the UD Heat so my UD Naked Collection would be complete. Lol! I digress...

Okay. I have gotten several great looks using the UD Heat palette, however I think it's not a great standalone palette. I use it with other palletes. It is all warm shades and I found that when I just used Heat by itself that you really couldn't tell where one color began and one color ended. I like a lot of contrast in my eyeshadow looks.

Also, UD was running a contest on their site (a "no purchase necessary" contest) where they were inviting people to enter to win a Heat palette by.... Leaving a review!!!! How crazy is that?? So basically they want people to leave a review for an eyeshadow palette that they haven't even used? For a contest? SUPER SHADY in my opinion. Does anyone else see where that is just so wrong? Had I gotten that email before I ordered the palette I wouldn't have ordered it on sheer principle.

It's a decent palette, but it's one I could easily skip if I wasn't trying to keep my Naked Collection complete.

At first, I really wanted it, but I've been able to find dupes of every color with the palettes/shadows I already own, so I've successfully avoided temptation.

Hi, I loved this palette and I think it looks really beautiful, but in my opinion I still like the Naked 3 better, just because I find the application neater, but maybe it's because the colors on the Naked Heat are darker!

I wrote a full review on my blog if you want to learn more: (link removed)

https://

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back