MAC pigments not eye safe?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
i have a few pigments that i told were not 'eye safe'. I use them on my eyes still, could it really be harmful? Does anyone have a list of these....Thanks!

some girls say that they still use it though its not eye safe....but eyes are very imp.to us i would not take this risk!

Some people have an irritation when they use certain non-eye safe pigments on the eyes, but it is all up to you. It is better if you use non-eye safe pigments with a mixing medium though. It cuts down on the irritation that arises from pigment getting in your eye.

Here are the non-eye safe pigments:

Dark Soul

Acid Orange

Bright Fuchsia

Bright Coral

Electric Coral

Kelly Green

Ruby Red

Silver Fog

Fuchsia

Golden Lemon

And none of the MAC Glitters

i had no idea some of those were not 'eye safe'. esp, a color like dark soul. lol, i am not sure where else i would use it. But thanks so much for the list! I haven't had any problems yet, but i am going to be cautious

the newer batches of I think almost all of these pigments ARE eye safe, they reformulated them a bit I think. Honestly, I use all of these pigments on my eyes without any problems.

Well, I use some of those, especially Kelly Green, on my eyes and have never had any problems.

Even the "eye safe" ones can cause irritation in some cases. I try not to use the non-safe ones anywhere near my client's eyes, just to be on the safe side.

I used all them on my eyes including the glitters. I knew a few pigments were not for your eyes but I didn't think it was that many. Thanks for the list.

i think if they are not eyesafe it just means be extra carefull not to get it in your eyes because they can scratch your eye, where as the finer milled pigments are less likely to do so

I think I heard that it’s not safe for the eye area. If that’s the case, it may not be a good idea to use it on your eyes.

I never paid much notice of which were eye safe when buying online. Thank you for the list.

Back