Lightweight Organic Moisturizer for Oily Skin?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am looking for a lightweight, organic or almost all-natural moisturizer for oily skin that doesn't leave a shine on the face or clog pores/lead to breakouts. If it can double as a sunscreen too that would just be amazing!

Currently have been trying between the following three but not sure which to stick with pen if to try a different one.

Beauty By Earth Facial Moisturizer, Organic & Natural (link removed)
(Organic, does leave shine, no spf, nor pore reduction, small and kinda expensive)

La Roche-Posay Effaclar Mat Oil-Free Facial Moisturizer for Oily Skin to Mattify Skin and Refine Pores (link removed)
(Claimed pore reduction, pretty non-shine, small and expensive, no spf, not organic and I don't like that I think has salicylic acid)

Origins Vitazing Spf 15 Energy-boosting Moisturizer with Mangosteen (Travel Size 30ml/1 Oz) (link removed)
(Very far from organic and origins products in general have a lot of crap in them, does have spf, nothing about pores and it tends to clog pores a bit on the nose though Mayberry I'm not using it right?)

Recommendations?

Last edited by a moderator:
I just want to recommend that whenever you use moisturizer prefer using in the night after washing your face. In the day, dust particle and pollution may settle down on your skin making your skin even more worse. 

This may be what you're looking for as it satisfies all your requirements: 

Juice Beauty's Oil Free Moisturizer SPF 30 with 20% non-nano zinc oxide. 

I have oily skin too and this worked pretty well for me before.. It's pretty sheer with a tiny bit of a white cast, but sinks in and not oily. Oh - and it's all natural and organic. Hope that helps!

I have oily skin too. Oily skin can be caused by genetics, dietary choices, too much stress or hormone changes in the body due to puberty. I am using Kaiame Naturals face wash which is quite good.

Have you ever tried Argan oil???

Yes it is an oil but it is for ALL skin type and it helps a lot people with oily skin!

Try it on a daily basis and you will see a real difference (5 to 7 days to see the results)

I like Aveda Oil Control Lotion. It hydrates and absorbs oil. And it smells delicious. Be careful not to over wash your skin, no more than twice a day. Drying it out will make your skin produce more oil, not less.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm super-oily...I'm talking a dozen blotting sheets soaked through within several hours on a cold winters day! For organic moisturizers I have a few faves: Herbfarmacy Nourishing Cream, Heaven Youthful Moisturizer and Jurlique Balancing Day Care Cream - which is probably the lightest of them all. There are many others - the above are only because they are the very few which are both organic and more importantly glycerine-free (as it causes me acne, weird right?) I agree with above poster, Argan oil works too and didn't break me out either which was a surprise.

Back