Poll: Do you look good without makeup?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
When I was in my 20s (I'm now 53), I was absolutely positive that I was a real wolfing dog without makeup, but I've changed my mind.

While I do look my best with a little makeup, I have good skin, large eyes, nice brows, and full lips, so I look fine bare-faced.
When I was in the hospital for a lengthy period, I had no access to makeup, and instead of fleeing in terror my visitors kept complimenting me on my appearance.
In fact, one lady whom I'd known for years told me, "You look better now that you've started wearing your makeup again!"
Except that I hadn't.
The lightbulb went on, and ever since then I've felt more comfortable with my natural face.
How about everyone else?
Do you feel that you "need" makeup, or can you take it or leave it?

I look good either way but i think this depends on your mac shade as a lighter complexion tends to show more imperfections as opposed to a darker skin tone.

skin_lightening.png

clay 1-2 and downward would look good without makeup but clay 5 - earth 1 would show more imperfections. ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Last edited by a moderator:
I think you've got a point, Sanchybae.
My white-as-sour-cream complexion does show every little bump, sag, and acne scar.
Since I've started exfoliating weekly, though, my skin has improved to the point that I'm comfortable wearing just sunscreen and concealer, for casual occasions.
It took a while for me to get to this point, though.

No, I have tried several times to live without makeup. And to be honest, I look horrible. Even, my friends make fun of me. So, I can't imagine to live without makeup. 

N Even, my friends make fun of me. So, I can't imagine to live without makeup. 
Maybe you need new friends.

I used to be told that I looked "like a different person" without makeup, and I believed it.

Then a major illness landed me in the hospital, with no access to makeup, for months, and I was told that I looked like I was wearing makeup, though I wasn't.

So I obviously didn't look as ghastly as I'd been led to believe.

I wonder if you're in a similar situation.

Unless your profile photo has been drastically altered, you're lovely.

I suspect that your friends are jealous!

If you want to wear makeup, do it, but if you don't, go bare-faced and know that you still look great.

I don't wear much makeup because my skin is so sensitive and it breaks me out. I try to embrace the natural look even though it's might be a good idea for me to wear a little and be professional. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

NW15CNo and I do think you'd look pretty without the makeup

I LOVE wearing Makeup! I've always just found it fun, to play w/ , since about 16. I studied how to put it on.

I have no fear, there's a huge difference, when I wear it and I'm plain. I always get wow's, when I go out, and have it on. I Do like to be Bold, tho, ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> . I get lots of compliments. So for me, its just fun. Right now, I have fibro and RA, so I don't always have the strength , which may sound strange, but being sick, is how it is.

Putting makeup on, just makes me feel pretty! Plus, I love the startled, back up stares , from people, who have seen me plain, to w/ makeup! lol  .. So fun, compliments are nice :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I LOVE wearing Makeup! I've always just found it fun, to play w/ , since about 16. I studied how to put it on.

I have no fear, there's a huge difference, when I wear it and I'm plain. I always get wow's, when I go out, and have it on. I Do like to be Bold, tho, ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> . I get lots of compliments. So for me, its just fun. Right now, I have fibro and RA, so I don't always have the strength , which may sound strange, but being sick, is how it is.

Putting makeup on, just makes me feel pretty! Plus, I love the startled, back up stares , from people, who have seen me plain, to w/ makeup! lol  .. So fun, compliments are nice :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

If wearing makeup helps you feel good, and it sounds like it does, I say go for it!

However, I can relate to sometimes feeling like you just can't do it.

I'm disabled from a stroke, and have impaired vision and the use of only one hand.

There are days when it just seems like more trouble than it's worth to apply makeup.

I stay in most of the time, so I don't bother with much if any makeup on a daily basis.

Not wearing makeup often has helped me "make friends" with my bare face, and I no longer have literal nightmares(Yes!) about being seen in public sans makeup.

I don't mean to sound narcissistic, but I 've been told I look quite good and I am really thankful for it.

Of course, it depends on the day. There are some times when I wake up with black circles under my eyes because of poor sleeping or a red spot or pimple appears on my face due to PMS, so I feel better by concealing them.

To be honest, I personally don't believe that make up can drastically change someone's face. At least not a quantity of it that is going to make them look totally hideous. A normal quantity of beautifully applied make up just enhances the main features of the face. Nothing more, nothing less.

To be honest, I personally don't believe that make up can drastically change someone's face. At least not a quantity of it that is going to make them look totally hideous. A normal quantity of beautifully applied make up just enhances the main features of the face. Nothing more, nothing less.
I pretty much agree, though makeup can make a fairly dramatic difference in some cases.

Of course, unless someone has decent features to begin with, makeup isn't going to make her into a "cover girl."

Latest posts

Back