Box of Style by The Zoe Report Fall 2017 **SPOILERS**

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's cool that we get to pick our rings color. I selected the gold. I wanted silver too but I wear gold most of the time. And I love that cross body purse.

Here are pictures of the spoilers if you don't want to watch through the video. :)

box of style zoe report fall 2017.jpg

box of style zoe report fall 2017 spoiler.jpg

box of style by zoe report fall box 2017 spoilers.jpg

I wasn't sure about the bag at first but after watching the video and seeing these pictures I'm more excited about getting it. Thoughts about the bag?

TheZoeReport_GigiNewYork_Crossbody2-600x534.jpg

TheZoeReport_GigiNewYork_LaptopCase-600x900.jpg

Every person is wearing the same color nail polish.  Seems that they are trying to tell us something...

Just received my shipping notice. It's at label created and takes forever to get it, but that means we should be getting full spoilers soon from someone.

RZ has really been letting me down.  Two boxes in a row where I cant buy any add-ons or make my selection.  Not only that, but when I wrote to customer service, they were like "thanks, we will mark your selection!" even though I didn't tell them what I wanted.  They marked me as gold, and by the time they responded to my complaint again, they said they were out of the other two colors.  Then they didn't mark me as "surprise me", at least giving me SOME shot of what I wanted (silver), so now I'm stuck with $176 of gold rings I don't want.  I have been with them since day 1 and gotten probably 15-20 people to subscribe, and they have expressed ZERO interest in helping me fix this problem. 

RZ has really been letting me down. Two boxes in a row where I cant buy any add-ons or make my selection. Not only that, but when I wrote to customer service, they were like "thanks, we will mark your selection!" even though I didn't tell them what I wanted. They marked me as gold, and by the time they responded to my complaint again, they said they were out of the other two colors. Then they didn't mark me as "surprise me", at least giving me SOME shot of what I wanted (silver), so now I'm stuck with $176 of gold rings I don't want. I have been with them since day 1 and gotten probably 15-20 people to subscribe, and they have expressed ZERO interest in helping me fix this problem.
The EXACT same thing happened to me! There is some problem with my profile that never lets me make a choice. By the time their CS gets back to me, days and days later, the choice I want is sold out. Each time they promise it is fixed and then it happens again.
In my experience bad CS is the first sign before a box goes downhill. It is really a shame bc this is my favorite box but if this happens a fourth time I may have to cancel. It's driving me crazy. I definitely won't pay for a yearly box again.

You'd think they'd be at least a little bothered by the money they lost with my add-ins each time? But they don't seem to have any interest in customer service whatsoever. It's really frustrating!

I wonder how many of us this is happening to...

I just watched the Box of style IG Story too and everything looks great! Overall I'm happy.

Here are some items from the story.

-k-beauty sheet mask pack

-lip/cheek crayon

-Oribe hair moisturizing cream. Love this cream and use it currently

-a gold tray

Aside from me getting gold rings instead of silver and the poor customer service that goes along with that, I'm really happy with this box.  I LOVE that oribe product but have never spent the $$ on a full size, so that is a nice treat.  I have wanted to try nudestix and love that color, and those masks look great - love that it's a whole 3 step process in each packet.  I'm even down with the bag because I've been trying to embrace navy lately.  I won't get tons and tons of use out of the bag or rings but I think the curation as a whole is on point. 

Got my box yesterday...gotta say I'm highly disappointed with the quality of the rings.  Put them on as I was running out the door and one of them barely snagged on something (my purse or laptop bag) and it bent waaaay open.  Plus my two yellow gold rings don't look like twins; one is a much duller gold than the other.  $176 RV seems hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiighly inflated.   

I got the gold rings and one of mine has a weird blue tint on the ball portions. It's really noticeable. I don't really care for them that much but wish I would have picked silver. Definitely over inflated price for these rings.

Love the cross body bag and everything else in the box.

Box arrived and overall I like it a lot. The lipstick/blush is a good color and a really good look. But the tin case with the mirror in the lid puts it over the top. I did the 3 step with the mask and love the result. Love that it is all in one envelope. I travel every week and being able to toss one envelope in my bag is pretty nice.

Now the bag is excellent. I like that when I rotate it out of my bag collection it will make a very cool laptop sleeve. And interesting that the navy leather exactly matches the navy leather card case we got last year. Makes for a nice set.

Downside? Packaging. I always liked the luxe feel of the box and the black shredded paper. This is a downgrade. I wonder if it's permanent.

Oh barf, you guys, my Odeme tray was USED and there was someone else's gross makeup all over it.  Between that and my rings that don't match and bend easily, I am super disappointed with the quality control for this box. 

That is horrible @@lauradiniwilk! Maybe you got the tray they used when filming the Box of Style Instagram story. They were opening all the items and I wonder what they did with the box. Maybe they kept it who knows.

I chose the gold rings and the other ring I got is tarnished as well which usually is a sign of poor plating. I'm going to try a jewelry cleaner on it and see how it goes. Everything else was good in the box though. I have the Oribe cream already and it's great. I had bought it with points from Birchbox. I can always use another one when the one I have runs out which will be a long time since I've had it for a long time now. I only use a little bit at a time.

Latest posts

Back