Fall 2017 Circular Swap

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Circular swap rules!

• Everyone must be willing to pay for the shipping of the box to the next person, with tracking and you must communicate with the group (box arrive, shipping, tracking number, what you took, what you added etc.) that not only helps everyone keep and eye on things but keeps things fun! 
  • Make a Post in this thread as soon as you get the box. 
  • Please mail the circular swap box within 5 days, taking longer than 5 days (without any communication with the group will probably result in being excluded from future swaps). The 5 days *includes* Saturdays but doesn't include Sundays or USPS holidays.
  • PM the next swapper in line the tracking number (again no tracking number could result in being excluded in the future)
  • Post at least one picture of items you're taking and and one picture of the items you're adding.
  • Secure post-it note on items that have been used/opened or swatched. 
  • No nail polish/perfumes or flammables, as they are required to go ground shipping.

Aiming start date is: Monday, Sept. 25, 2017 (tentative)

Also: If you wish to be part of this round of the Circular Swap, be sure you are an active member of MUT   ;)Please note that to be eligible to participate in circular swap we require:

• minimum of 50 legitimate posts,
  • no warnings,
  • minimum of 30-days as a member before the start date of the swap, and
  • swappers MUST be active on the MUT boards within 30 days of the box starting to be eligible to participate     :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Circular swap box process:

1. The box starts and ends with Reija, she picks the order and mails the box to the first swapper.
  2. The first swapper in line posts here when the box arrives (note any negative condition of the box or contents. damaged box, broken items or missing box all together).
  3. Swappers have five days to sort through the box and select items to take (take as much as you desire) and items to add to the box *don't forget to add pictures here*
  4. If you do not want to take anything from the box, no problem. No need to add anything but you're welcome to add items if space permits. 
  5. Please note five swapping days is NOT business days, the five days includes Saturdays but not Sundays or mail holidays. If circumstances prevent you from completing a swap within 5 days please PM a moderator right away and post on the thread that you may be delayed (some reasons for delays could be: illness, work trips, vacations, snow/weather etc.) We're pretty understanding provided we have a heads up on what's going on. 
  6. Mail the box and PM the tracking number to the next swapper.
  7. Process moves the same way until the last swapper in line gets the box and Pm's Reija for return of the box. This means if you are at the end of the list or near the end you'll be waiting several weeks for the box to arrive (please be aware that's why we enforce 5 days so people in line are not waiting forever for their turn). That's not necessarily a bad thing, people add great items all along the way even at the end. I've been at the beginning, middle and end of the swap and always found items I wanted in the box.
We're not trying to overload everyone with rules but we want to be sure the process is clear from the get go, if you're not comfortable with any of the above rules or process feel free to follow the thread and see how it unfolds and consider joining us for a future swap.

Please comment on this thread if you wish to participate (if you haven't already) and start gathering up those unwanted and unloved beauty items.

Count me in! Thanks for listing all the rules and the process, I feel like we haven't had that before and maybe if someone new wants to join in it will be a lot easier to understand :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I have been away and just returned last night.  Thought I might have missed the start of this.  I'm in for another round.

I dropped the ball on this, maybe we  can move it to the new year?
no worries! this time of the year is so busy for everyone. Thanks so much for organizing!! I think the new year sounds like a great plan. Everyone else? In the meantime I'll continue to drown in samples. lol

I'd love to get this going because I still have the box and would love it if others could enjoy whatever is in it. I want to take pictures of everything and post it so that everyone knows what's in the box. I'm not taking anything because I have too much stuff to begin with. I would love to be able to unload some of my stuff too and add more to the box. I've been so busy with my kids being on a break from school that I hadn't had a chance to really go through it but I will next week when they are back in school and I'll post pictures.

Here are finally the pictures to show what is currently in the circular swap box from the last round. So sorry for the delay! The box is pretty full but I think I can fit more in.

BC115427-45CB-463E-9164-A1C3397FF970.jpeg

CF0C54DB-D9D0-4EF3-AABF-EC940132770D.jpeg

B3403A43-02AF-4572-ACAF-AF37590A06A2.jpeg

058F2A0C-77A5-47F4-9CFD-52A7708E7414.jpeg

21EF59BB-5B37-419B-BB62-44452ADA1196.jpeg

ABACD2D5-0F18-4EF3-B5D7-4E2E62BF2267.jpeg

508A5D91-07E5-4039-8382-21FBEB8A69F8.jpeg

CDB6171E-CD41-4A7C-88B3-EF696FD22107.jpeg

F3E93B2F-DE88-4BDD-97A1-7FAF585D520C.jpeg

Latest posts

Back