dust sticking to foundation problem

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi, i have dry skin and ive finally found a foundation that looks great on dry patches and is high coverage. i always set with setting powder and spray on dewy setting spray. the problem is that i have been getting those tiny hairs (not my hair, i guess its clothing fibers or dust) sticking to the foundation ALL THE TIME :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> i look like i have a hairy face. when i handpick them out, they somehow stick again within minutes. any tips? :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

Have you tried different setting sprays? It sounds like the setting spray you are using is leaving a stick feel to your skin and that attracts little hairs etc.

Before putting on the face, the face should be particularly clean and hydrated, after daily cleaning, once a week you should use 1 minute scrub to get rid of the dead cells. Very good hydration with serum and cream special for dry skin.

Have you tried different setting sprays? It sounds like the setting spray you are using is leaving a stick feel to your skin and that attracts little hairs etc.
Yes I agree. Some setting sprays have a 'plastic-like sticky' finish to them. This could be the issue.

One solution is a two-step process:

1) Lightly set your setting spray with a blot powder, or no-colour powder, this will make the setting spray less sticky. (Do NOT use a setting or loose powder, as it's too powdery). 

2) Gently mist your face with canned facial spray water, like Evian, Avene, Olehenriksen, or Herbivore, Just to name a few. The best way to do this is to mist your face at a full arm's length away, or spray the air and walk through the mist. 

This will get rid of the overly matte powdery look while still maintaining the hold of the setting spray. Don't spray too much or too close as this will defeat the purpose and make the setting spray "sticky" again.

Also try using a velour powder puff to apply the blot / no-colour powder. As powder brushes sometimes shed tiny bristles that will stick to the setting spray.

Good luck.

HtH

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back