Home Remedies for Acne

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
1. Apply some apple cider vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is a powerhouse when it comes to acting as an acne remedy. Why? It kills off the bacteria that may be causing all

the trouble in the first place. It also becomes alkaline, and balances the pH of your skin, which in turn makes it harder for bacteria to thrive.
To top it off it’s an astringent, like lemon juice, and will help dry up excess oil. Keeping that in mind, don’t overdo and dry out your skin too much. This could cause the sebaceous glands overproduce to compensate, therefore triggering an outbreak.

You will need…

-Pure unfiltered apple cider vinegar
-Fresh water

Directions

Wash your face with water and pat dry. Using a ratio of 1 part vinegar to 3 parts water, dip a cotton ball into vinegar and apply it directly to the blemish.
Leave on for at least 10 minutes, or overnight. Reapply several times a day, washing face thoroughly after each time. Make sure to use a moisturizer afterwards as well if you feel like your skin is getting dry.

How-to-Grow-Nails-with-Home-Remedies-5.jpg

2. Make a cinnamon and honey mask
Honey is sticky, and cinnamon is spicy, and it seems like they’re both things you’d want to avoid getting near your skin. Surprisingly, while it may sound strange, honey and cinnamon make a (literally) killer combo when it comes to acne. Cinnamon has antimicrobial properties, so it can help stop bacteria from getting out of hand. If it does, the honey is a natural anti-biotic, ready and waiting to wipe the little buggers out.

You will need…

-2 tablespoons of honey
-1 teaspoon of cinnamon
– paper towels

Directions

Rinse your face with water and pat dry. Mix 2 tablespoons of honey and 1 teaspoon of cinnamon together until they are thoroughly blended and have formed a sort of paste. Apply the mask to your face (or spot treat) and leave on for 10-15 minutes. Rinse off completely, and pat your face dry. This is a sticky mixture, so make sure you have some paper towels at on hand.

honey-diaper-food-cells-sweet-nectar-bees.jpg

3. The land of milk and honey (or yogurt)
While there is quite a bit of hub bub around dairy products causing acne, applied topically it seems that milk can improve your outbreaks and skin tone. The reason it is suggested that milk would cause acne is because of the extra hormones in it-but unless it’s ingested, this doesn’t really do much. For the most part, it just soothes the irritated skin, and helps tone down the redness. Cleopatra swore on the milk baths she took, and well, she was Cleopatra. You could also use yogurt. The acids in it are antibacterial while the fat provides moisture, making it quite nourishing for skin.

You will need…

– 1 tablespoon plain low-fat or full-fat yogurt or milk, anything but skim
– 1 tablespoon of natural, raw, honey

Directions

Let yogurt or milk come to room temperature (or close to) so you don’t get a chilly shock when you put it on your skin. Mix 1 tablespoon of milk or yogurt thoroughly with 1 tablespoon of honey. You can apply the mixture with a cotton pad, but scooping it up and patting it on works just fine as well. Let each layer dry before adding a new one, until the mask is the thickness you want. Let it sit for 10-15 minutes. Wash your mask off and use a washcloth to gently scrub in a circular motion, getting rid of loosened dead skin. Once you’re finished, moisturize as usual.

How-to-Grow-Nails-with-Home-Remedies-3.jpg

4. Whip up some ‘whites

Egg whites are an easy and affordable way to help reduce acne and fade scars left by unfortunate blemishes. The reason people have found egg whites to be helpful for their skin is because they’re chock full of proteins and vitamins that both combat acne, and help to rebuild your skin cells. They also soak up excess oil, which means excess sebum, (exactly what you were thinking right?) which means less stuff for bacteria to feed on. Hooray! Just make sure to use a good moisturizer afterwards, as they can dry your skin out a bit.

You will need…

-2 to 3 egg whites, separated from yolks
-Bowl
-Washcloth

Directions

Rinse your face with water and pat dry. Separate the whites from the yolks. You can use as many as you like, but normally 2 to 3 is enough. Whisk the whites until they’re frothy, and let them sit for a few minutes. Cover your face with the mixture (applying with fingertips is easy) focusing on problem spots. 3 to 4 layers is usually enough, but make sure to wait the first has dried before applying more. Allow the mask to sit and dry for about 20 minutes before rinsing off completely with warm water and a patting dry with a soft washcloth. Apply moisturizer appropriate for your skin type.

5. Aloe for acne

Aloe vera gel can be used with other things to fight acne, but it’s a good thing on its own as well. If it’s going to be used on its own, the best is to have a little aloe plant floating around in your house, otherwise a good gel that’s sold in stores may work as well-just do some research on which ones have the least amount of additives. Not only is the aloe soothing, it works as an anti-inflammatory, decreasing redness and swelling. It also has antibacterial properties.

You will need…

-Enough aloe vera gel to spot treat or cover your problem areas

Directions

Wash your face with water and pat dry. Using your fingertips or a Q-tip, apply the aloe directly to your problem areas.

aloe-vera-for-hair-1.jpg

Thank you very, much for sharing the post with such information. I am going to bookmark this page for future use.

I hate acne! In my younger days, i often envy those who have snow white crystal clear skin =(

What I do is to use clay mask at home and avoid touching my face with hands (germs!).

When I got older, i started to go facial and probably hormone changes, my skin gets better =)

From experience, i think do drink more water and eat more food. try to avoid eating fast food.

Go for facial once a month to let them do a deep cleansing for your face.

DIY - I use toothpaste on acne when im young

Oxy10 - This is actually quite good

Facial - I went to Radium Medical Aesthetics in Singapore http://radium-aesthetics.com/treatment/renew-acne-peel/ 

Hello! I’m new looking to help people with questions like this. I know a lot about skincare and I can help you. If you want to cure your acne whether it’s with home remedies or products from the store, you need to figure out your skin type. Do you already know what your skin type is? If so, tell me. If not, these are the types of skin:

Oily

Sensitive

Dry

Combination of oily and dry

Normal skin (neither too oily or too dry, just right)

You can have more than one skin type. Which of these do you think you have?

Not sure if it works for everyone but I like to make a mask out of honey and cinnamon. It gives a very nice smell and yet it is really effective in reducing the inflammation and redness of the skin. The cinnamon is also a good anti-bacterial ingredient.

On the other hand, home remedies only do so much and it works for minor acne issues. For people with severe, recurring acne, the best is to under go AGNES Acne Treatment. This is, however, only offered in asian countries, i think. I went to singapore to seek this treatment and it resolves some recurring acne permanently.

Most people find themselves suffering from an acne and they use chemical products which are really not good. Keep your face clean. Whether or not you have acne, it's important to wash your face twice daily to remove dead skin cells, and extra oil from your face.

To get rid of acne, you can try out Honey and cinnamon natural homemade face mask, moisturize with aloe vera gel etc these two remedies are known as best to overcome acne.

Latest posts

Back