Need advice on travel arrangements

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
HI all, Im Janice from Bangalore, India, I need advice on an issue. So on the 30th and 31st of December 2017, I have been hired by a bride to do her makeup in a place called Coorg, which is a tiny village on the outskirts of Bangalore. Its about 7 hours away. She had booked me in June, and after that there was no contact at all. So on friday she tells me, that in terms of travel, she has no one coming in from Bangalore, her friends are going earlier, and she doesn't know if any of her relatives are leaving from Bangalore. So she suggested I go by the local interstate bus, which is a bit tricky, as I will be carrying my kit along with me, which is worth ALOT of money. she was very iffy about the travel arrangements. and also i will have to travel an hour away, just to board the bus. so i told her i wasn't comfortable, and to make other arrangements. So she called saying that she needs time to figure it out. she said that I will have to come back on the 1st(new years day) in the afternoon or evening. I told her that i need to get back on the 31st itself, because i have family and i need to be with them. She was like its subject to whoever is leaving on that day. so basically I'm at the mercy of whoever feels like leaving on the 31st. Plus she's only paying me for 2 days. Ive been getting major anxiety about this situation. because I'm not familiar with Coorg or Bangalore, and I don't want to be stranded anywhere, coz the place is pretty remote. 

My question is..am I over reacting?? I need advice as to what to tell her, because its really troubling me. and isn't it unto the bride or whoever has hired you to make sure you get proper pickup and drop for an out of town occasion? I would really appreciate it if anyone can give me some advice. Im in half a mind to not do this gig.

Thanks, Janice. xx

Back