Sign in to follow this  
Ritika Kaushal

Things to Know Before Professional Makeup Training?

The colors, the trends, the confidence and joy that come from looking great are all rooted in my heart thats why I plan for professional makeup training would it good for my career? what type of preparation needed before training?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• @ewoods So laser hair removal works best if the skin is light and the hair is dark. That's what makes me an ideal client. If your hair is lighter and your skin darker than mine, you'll have different results. The bad experience happened when I was tan. Yes, I stayed out of the sun for 4 weeks before the session, but I was still tan, even then. In fairness, the lady warned me. She said that the laser works by sensing the dark hair and zapping it. If your skin is too dark, it can confuse the laser and cause it to zap the skin instead. She said that she could do the session, but I have a higher risk of getting burned. I told her she could continue, thinking my tan wasn't so bad.  The thing with the laser is that it does hurt. So even though I was getting burned, I didn't know it because I thought it was just the normal lasering pain. It wasn't until I got home that I could see little dots of redness where the laser had burned me in my bikini area, where I was tan. Not like 3rd degree burn, but not just like a sunburn, either. Luckily, it was a surface burn so I was crazy about salve and healing ointments so it wouldn't scar. It didn't, thank God! I was crazy about ointments and stuff, though. Every AM and PM I'd slather it on and walk around naked till it soaked in a little haha.  In retrospect, I've learned not to have a tan whatsoever when lasering. Assuming you are a good candidate for laser, don't do it now, right before summer. Maybe do your first session in October/November and do it through till before next summer.    dollar amount and not necessarily because it's best for you. I went there for tattoo removal. (Tattoo is still there.) Also, they don't use the LightSheer laser machine which I know works for me. Hope this helps! 
    • @ewoods So laser hair removal works best if the skin is light and the hair is dark. That's what makes me an ideal client. If your hair is lighter and your skin darker than mine, you'll have different results. The bad experience happened when I was tan. Yes, I stayed out of the sun for 4 weeks before the session, but I was still tan, even then. In fairness, the lady warned me. She said that the laser works by sensing the dark hair and zapping it. If your skin is too dark, it can confuse the laser and cause it to zap the skin instead. She said that she could do the session, but I have a higher risk of getting burned. I told her she could continue, thinking my tan wasn't so bad.  The thing with the laser is that it does hurt. So even though I was getting burned, I didn't know it because I thought it was just the normal lasering pain. It wasn't until I got home that I could see little dots of redness where the laser had burned me in my bikini area, where I was tan. Not like 3rd degree burn, but not just like a sunburn, either. Luckily, it was a surface burn so I was crazy about salve and healing ointments so it wouldn't scar. It didn't, thank God! I was crazy about ointments and stuff, though. Every AM and PM I'd slather it on and walk around naked till it soaked in a little haha.  In retrospect, I've learned not to have a tan whatsoever when lasering. Assuming you are a good candidate for laser, don't do it now, right before summer. Maybe do your first session in October/November and do it through till before next summer.    And find a legit place. For the record, I'm not a fan of Laser Away. Their nurse isn't on site (she skypes you in the consult room...) and they're sales-driven. I feel like they'd recommend something for it's dollar amount and not necessarily because it's best for you. I went there for tattoo removal. (Tattoo is still there.) Also, they don't use the LightSheer laser machine which I know works for me. Hope this helps! 
    • Yes! I've had it done about 5 times. The results are GReAT...if you go to a legit place. I've had 4 good and 1 bad experience. Let me share...So the first 4 times were at a good place where I live here in San Diego. It wasn't the top most expensive place (stuff tends to be really expensive here in SD), but it was definitely better than the cheapcheapcheap places that make you wonder how they can get by. It was a cute boutique med spa. Anyway, so I did underarms and...wait for it...Brazilian. Yup. Yes. It hurts. After the first session, it was amazing how much less hair grew back. They say it can be up to 50% less, but I'll be conservative and say maybe 30%-40% less. You can definitely tell. Even after that first session, when I shaved my bikini line, I got so much less razor burn like I normally would. It was cool. So, I did 4 more sessions total. I have like 2-3 random hairs that grow in each armpit now and maybe a couple in my whole bikini line. My actual lady part still has hair, it's maybe like 75% gone. I know that with 3 more sessions or so It'll be gone, but I'm actually happy with having a little ground cover there so I'm going to leave it as is.  Now for the bad experience...
    • Hi @Lucky_13 ! I totally get your overwhelm! My cousin also has pretty bad rosacea, and she's lamented these same frustrations. I don't know her exact routine, but I do know that she is very very gentle with her skin. I'd reconsider scrubbing your face every day with a washcloth because I know the abrasiveness can simply worsen symptoms without making you actually any cleaner. Cream or foam cleansers are probably best! Secondly, I do know that my cousin has been happy with Jane Iredale powder and foundation. The foundation comes in a clear bottle and the product comes in beaded form that you pump out. The foundation beads are suspended in an aloe-based serum that cools, moisturizes, and calms red skin while the foundation does the covering up.  I don't think it's sold at Ulta though. I've always personally liked Clinique and I know they are known to be great for sensitive skin types, and they usually have a section in Ulta (and can try it on you or give you samples first). Maybe give that a shot! Best of luck! 
    • I like the Loreal Sulfate-Free line, EverStrong or EverPure. They have a more natural essential oil-type smell vs. the chemical artificial fragranced shampoos. They also leave my hair shiny, lightweight, and smooth. I switched to this shampoo when I learned that certain chemicals in shampoos and conditioners (especially conditioners!) could be causing my back and forehead breakouts. When I switched over almost 8 years ago, the breakouts subdued and I actually loved the effects on my hair. People compliment my hair's softness all the time, saying it feels like kid's hair. LOL. 

About MakeupTalk®

© 2003-2018 MakeupTalk.com®, an active online community and message board geared towards members wanting to discuss everything to do with makeup, cosmetics, product reviews, monthly subscription boxes and general beauty related topics. Our community provides product reviews, makeup and general beauty tips. Our most popular topics are subscription boxes and their monthly spoilers. Join our community for free to take part in the conversations and share your own beauty tips and product reviews with others. We look forward to seeing you online here at Makeuptalk®!

Follow us

Recent tweets

MakeupTalk Facebook - 911K Likes