Clean makeup brushes

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I usuallly use a baby shampoo to wash them and after that I apply conditioner to them and I leave them for a few minutes. Then I wash out the conditioner and I leave them to air-dry. When I am in a hurry and I don't have time to clean them with that way, I take a napkin, I put some rubbing alcohol on it and I press gently the brushes on it till they are clean. 

I also wash it with conditioner and blow dry it especially when I'm in a hurry.

I add a few drops of mild shampoo in the water and leave the brushes in it for a while. After that, I air dry them. I mostly do this at night. 

Wash your brushes at least once a week. 

Last edited by a moderator:
First put a drop of makeup brush cleanser or soap in the palm of my hand. Then slowly massage the tips of your bristles in the palm. After some time washed it.

I usuallly use a baby shampoo to wash them and after that I apply conditioner to them and I leave them for a few minutes. Then I wash out the conditioner and I leave them to air-dry. When I am in a hurry and I don't have time to clean them with that way, I take a napkin, I put some rubbing alcohol on it and I press gently the brushes on it till they are clean. 
I tried using baby shampoo and conditioner as opposed to the standard brush cleaner and I must say that I really like this technique! Thank you so much for this!

I use a shampoo especially for my brushes, although in a pinch I'll use shampoo. I wash them once a week and let them air dry with the brush part hanging over the sink so they don't get flattened or bent, and the water doesn't run down the handle and either rust the metal or degrade the wood. 

I plan ahead, of course, to make sure I can use them if I am going anywhere. Sunday is the best day for me, but any day when you have the time is fine. 

1. Wet your first brush with the fluffy part pointing down and then place a small dot of castile soap into your hand.
  2. Swirl your makeup brush around gently, using a circular motion, and then swirl in the opposite direction.
  3. Rinse the brush, and then check to see if it looks and feels clean. If not, repeat and rinse again until it does come totally clean.
  4. Once the brush is clean, rinse your hands and your brush thoroughly until the water runs clear.
  5. Lay the brush on a dry towel, on a flat surface. Keep in mind that you should never stand your brushes upright when they’re wet. Always air dry them, but if you absolutely have to, you can use a blow dryer on the cool, low setting.
  6. Repeat with all of your other brushes.
  7. Once all of your brushes are on the dry towel, fold the towel over the head of each brush, and gently press to eliminate excess water.
  8. If you can, find a warm, dry, flat spot like a sunny window sill to lay down the towel. Don’t use the brushes until they’re completely dry.

Latest posts

Back