Food to avoid for skincare

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, the obvious answer is sugar. Anything that contains sugar harms your skin and makes it look dull and unhealthy. I know that it is not the easiest thing in the world but you should try to avoid sugar and eat veggies, fruits and a lot of water. 

1. Bread, sugar and products with a high level of carbohydrates - increased insulin concentration in carbohydrates causes the secretion of sebum, which attracts bacteria, and also causes inflammation in the skin.

2. Dairy products - milk contains IGF-1, which is similar to insulin and causes an increase in sebum that clogs the pores. Even one cup of milk can be the cause. Skim milk can also cause skin problems - removing fat from milk means more lactose, which can contribute to the formation of rosacea.

3. Gluten - ind of gluten can cause inflammation and an immune response that leads to acne and other skin problems.

For healthy and glowing skin, you should avoid junk food, oily food, and sugar contained food. All these types of foods make our skin dull and unhealthy. You can also use pure organic visalift miracle face serum to keep your skin younger, healthier and glowing.

While avoiding unhealthy foods, especially sugar and junk food, do remember to drink plenty of water. This really helps get the skin glowing.

I agree with all the above. In my case dairy specifically causes my scalp dermatitis to flare up. Had this for almost 2 decades and only just realized the connection a cpl weeks back ?

Well, Foods that I mostly know that we should avoid for skin are the ones containing caffeine, sugar, salty and oily. The foods I most of the time really eat and my favorite. ?

Yes, sadly, it seems like all the good food to eat is bad for skin, and health in general. ? I guess the best way to look at it is "stay away from them as much as possible," because of course, we all indulge sometimes.

Agree! Though, I still eat any of it but not to the extent of indulging them. Eat a bit, just to justify my cravings. Because it's really hard to stay away from them (honestly).. ??

You can avoid fast food for better skin and eat healthy food like sweet potato,oats etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just avoid junk food like burgers, sparkling beverages and sweets. Overuse of all of this will be visible on your skin later on.

I've always had a sweet tooth, but noticed a direct correlation between skin breakouts and eating cakes and other sweets. Now I try to get my sweets from fruits, with the occasional sweet treat. My skin looks so much better. Also try to avoid junk food in general. I haven't eliminated all things junk, but limit my intake significantly while enjoying a more healthy diet. You can find lots more information on my blog at https://www.lifestylechoice.co

Avoid those foods for better skin:
White bread, bagels, popcorn, Red-velvet cupcakes, pistachio ice cream cones, Yogurt, cappuccinos, Bottled water, the salt on the margarita rim (or in a bag of chips), Milk chocolate—but not dark chocolate (woo-hoo!).@Terry Carrico

Can anyone please tell me Where in Miami can I undergo a good skin tightening treatment?

Avoid those foods for better skin:
White bread, bagels, popcorn, Red-velvet cupcakes, pistachio ice cream cones, Yogurt, cappuccinos, Bottled water, the salt on the margarita rim (or in a bag of chips), Milk chocolate—but not dark chocolate (woo-hoo!).@Terry Carrico

Can anyone please tell me Where in Miami can I undergo a good skin tightening treatment?
[SIZE=10pt]I go to Mayoral Dermatology. This is the best [/SIZE][SIZE=10pt]dermatology near me[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt] and they have a variety of rejuvenation treatments. I like derma fillers the most.[/SIZE]

Last edited by a moderator:
For clearer skin, you must drink water and avoid oily foods. You should also avoid dairy products and stop smoking and drinking. Apply best skin type moisturizer and night cream.

It is better if you avoid Fried Foods and Added Sugar. Drink more water it can help everyone.
I'm agree. I many times heard that sugar one of the main cause for problems with skin. I recommend eat more vegetables, fresh juice and water.

Latest posts

Back