Winter 2018 Circular Swap

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Here is the new circular swap thread! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20"> Who is in? I'll post the rules from the last swap thread here too shortly. Sorry for the delay getting this thread going. 

Thank you @@Bizgirlva for posting these rules before!

Circular swap rules!

• Everyone must be willing to pay for the shipping of the box to the next person, with tracking and you must communicate with the group (box arrive, shipping, tracking number, what you took, what you added etc.) that not only helps everyone keep and eye on things but keeps things fun! 
  • Make a Post in this thread as soon as you get the box. 
  • Please mail the circular swap box within 5 days, taking longer than 5 days (without any communication with the group will probably result in being excluded from future swaps). The 5 days *includes* Saturdays but doesn't include Sundays or USPS holidays.
  • PM the next swapper in line the tracking number (again no tracking number could result in being excluded in the future)
  • Post at least one picture of items you're taking and and one picture of the items you're adding.
  • Secure post-it note on items that have been used/opened or swatched. 
  • No nail polish/perfumes or flammables, as they are required to go ground shipping.

Aiming start date is: ASAP

Also: If you wish to be part of this round of the Circular Swap, be sure you are an active member of MUT   ;)Please note that to be eligible to participate in circular swap we require:

• minimum of 50 legitimate posts,
  • no warnings,
  • minimum of 30-days as a member before the start date of the swap, and
  • swappers MUST be active on the MUT boards within 30 days of the box starting to be eligible to participate     :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20">

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is the explanation of the process.

Circular swap box process:

1. The box starts and ends with Reija, she picks the order and mails the box to the first swapper.
  2. The first swapper in line posts here when the box arrives (note any negative condition of the box or contents. damaged box, broken items or missing box all together).
  3. Swappers have five days to sort through the box and select items to take (take as much as you desire) and items to add to the box *don't forget to add pictures here*
  4. If you do not want to take anything from the box, no problem. No need to add anything but you're welcome to add items if space permits. 
  5. Please note five swapping days is NOT business days, the five days includes Saturdays but not Sundays or mail holidays. If circumstances prevent you from completing a swap within 5 days please PM a moderator right away and post on the thread that you may be delayed (some reasons for delays could be: illness, work trips, vacations, snow/weather etc.) We're pretty understanding provided we have a heads up on what's going on. 
  6. Mail the box and PM the tracking number to the next swapper.
  7. Process moves the same way until the last swapper in line gets the box and Pm's Reija for return of the box. This means if you are at the end of the list or near the end you'll be waiting several weeks for the box to arrive (please be aware that's why we enforce 5 days so people in line are not waiting forever for their turn). That's not necessarily a bad thing, people add great items all along the way even at the end. I've been at the beginning, middle and end of the swap and always found items I wanted in the box.
We're not trying to overload everyone with rules but we want to be sure the process is clear from the get go, if you're not comfortable with any of the above rules or process feel free to follow the thread and see how it unfolds and consider joining us for a future swap.

Please comment on this thread if you wish to participate (if you haven't already) and start gathering up those unwanted and unloved beauty items.

Here are the pics from the last round's thread to show what's currently in the box. I'm going to try an fit as much as I can of the items I have sitting around. Sorry the box will probably be pretty full again since it's already quite full.

75818F5F-A863-4FF3-966A-0F766441F657.jpeg

B59898DA-86C2-405D-B7A4-4DFC92F19E2D.jpeg

9838221F-7102-40B0-9459-9845BC833920.jpeg

B65F9ADA-19F1-430B-A386-977EAF5C3271.jpeg

2D8DC0A6-9090-46FA-8224-6BD43FADABB5.jpeg

2C1C7772-B3EC-4A7D-BE1F-B7FFBD96A7BF.jpeg

2E203E32-DEC1-45AB-B289-A820C393FC95.jpeg

C337756C-596F-4E83-A138-CC9644517923.jpeg

86205947-6002-40F6-A7B8-8B06808C9A56.jpeg

Is it too late?  I would like to join but would probably have to be at the end due to traveling.  Will be going away for a month.  Actually, unless we get more participants, I probably would still be away by the time it got to me.  I guess I am in, if it works timewise!

This sounds like fun! The concept of this idea is amazing ahaha, 

Shame I only just joined the community but hopefully, I can join the next time round! 

I thought we could start this next week if it's ok. Sorry for the delay. I didn't know exactly when MUT was going to be upgraded because of the number of people working on it so I wasn't able to give heads up. Things fell into place and we were able to get the board to the point that it going to be ok with the upgrade so we ended up starting the process a few days ago. As soon as I got the green light to go ahead from our developers I told them to do it and there was no time for heads up because I had to make the decision real quick. I hope the new version of the board is something that you can all enjoy. We will keep tweaking and making changes in the upcoming weeks/months. If you have any suggestions on improvements/changes, please let me know. I was going to create a club for this next circular swap round  since we now have that option available to see how it works. :) Thank you all for being here and thanks for wanting to do the next circular swap round! The box is going to leave very full again.

Here is the club URL. You should have all received an invite to join. :)

i just noticed the link doesn't work. Here is the new link to the Circular Swap club

@cpl100 and @Bizgirlva are you in for the next round? Please check the new circular swap club created for the round. We are shooting for getting the box out next week so I'd like to do the drawing tomorrow if possible.

Anyone interested in another round? I posted it in the Circular swap club but not sure if people get notifications. I have the box still and tons of other stuff to add so I would love to get another wound going.

I think we are better off making another thread in this forum instead of the club. It seems to work better in the forum vs the club.

Latest posts

Back