How To Use Sheet Masks

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I ran across this great post about how to apply and use a sheet mask. This post is written by the Glow founder,  Christine. 

Here are some of the main points:

Always clean the skin first. Mist the skin before applying the mask. The wetness on the skin will help the ingredients from the mask to absorb better. 

See the whole post below explaining the whole process. I’ve never done the misting but will now. ?

I've never heard of that trick before :eek:  Definitely worth trying and seeing if a sheet mask works better on damp skin. 

Probably I should update my blog post on sheet masks

Last edited by a moderator:
It’s not at all easy to get that glowing skin. But it’s not impossible either. As long as you are aware of what your skin loves, it would always look healthy and rejuvenated. The first thing that you need to know is your skin type and the kind of climate that it deals with.

Since sheet masks are infused with different serums, you need to pick up the one that suits your skin the best.

For instance, if you have oily skin, you should go for the Aloe, Lemon, or Cucumber-based sheet masks. While if you have dry skin, nothing can ever beat honey-based sheet masks. Trust us!
Once you are in harmony with your skin type, pick sheet face mask variants accordingly.

Now, how do you use it?

It’s no rocket science. Follow the below-mentioned steps and, you are good to go!

• Cleanse your face with any preferred cleanser and pat dry.
  • Follow up with a toner.
  • Take out the sheet mask from its packaging and let it sit on your face. However, make sure it sticks to your face perfectly, covering the entire area.
  • Set a timer of 20-25 minutes. Sit back and relax while sipping your favourite cuppa or reading a book.
  • Remove the mask after some time and massage the remaining essence with fingertips in circular motions.
Pro Tip: Don’t forget to squeeze out the extra liquid serum that’s inside the package. Utilise it properly 

Well, it does sound a lot of work but, who cares when you are getting radiant and extra-smooth skin in return?

Hope you found the answer beneficial and to the point. 

Till then, Keep it chic!

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back