Clumsy guy in need of help!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello everyone. I'm a guy who has really never used any sort of skin products (outside of shaving), but really have a need for your powers of sorcery on this one!

I have very dry skin around and underneath my left eye. Initially I thought that it was time to start moisturizing in the morning as a result of reaching 30. But this seems to exacerbate the problem, if anything. Washing it makes it worse, and moisturizing makes it worse, so I'm at a real loss.

It's so bad, that if I were to scratch my face, it starts coming off as grey stuff underneath my nails. And it's only on the one side of the face, making me look even more weird.

Starting to effect my confidence and really get on my nerves.

What's a lad to do about this? I appreciate suggestions. Thanks for reading :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello! 

Sorry to hear about this, Is it flaky at all? Have you checked it up maybe its a rash or a skin condition? 
If Moisturiser doesn't work I really recommend using Vaseline/petroleum jelly this will keep it not drying up! As moisturisers are used to sink into the skin and some can just dry up within minutes, not helping dry skin at all. 

The skin around the eyes is much more sensitive to irritants, so it’s best to use a hypoallergenic product that contains pure ingredients.
Also, I read up on "
Dr Haushka Eye Contour Day Balm" A lot of people recommended this! If they have dry skin under the eyes, its a little bit on the pricey side but its worth the try!

Hope this helps! 

Skin oils are great too for helping with moisture. You want to make sure to exfoliate well which will allow the moisturizer/oil to absorb on the skin better.

Thankyou for the input.

The problem isn't a rash, fortunately. I'm starting to think it's a cleaning issue.

I use facepads to clean my face, but those burn around the eye area. So i just thought showering would be do the job. Clearly i was wrong!

But yeah, showering makes things worse, and moisturising makes things worse. Do you think i might need to exfoliate? Not sure how to clean such a sensitive area as around and underneath the eyes effectively.

Starting to use Retin-A at night at the lowest strength (like 0.025) a few nights a week, without putting anything near the eyes, will automatically exfoliate skin/accelerate skin renewal, and eliminate the under-eye problem eventually. I'm like you and also have very sensitive under-eye skin which is worsened with moisturizers, and gets dry. This does really help, but it has to be done slowly, and in a pea sized amount, and not near the eyes. Ideally, I would use an anti-inflammatory retinol like ZO Retamax, after getting a prescription. And during the day, it's ESSENTIAL you wear a good sunscreen, zinc oxide based is best. Hope this helps!

Latest posts

Back