Mascara for Weddings

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
How does everyone feel about asking clients to provide their own mascara? Mainly in regards to weddings, where I can be doing upwards of five to six makeup applications. I have used the disposable applicators for years but they just don't work as well, it creates so much waste and it's messy. I feel like every woman has mascara and that it wouldn't be unreasonable to ask them to have that with them and with weddings I am usually doing falsies so the mascara doesn't really need to be outstanding. I just don't know if it would be viewed as unprofessional.  Of course, I would have some in my kit just in case.  

I'm not a professional makeup artist or anything, but I've had my makeup done professionally a bunch of times. I think it's totally reasonable to ask that of your clients. Even if it's just an ask. They can always say no. Even just a brief explanation like the one you provided above would be enough for anyone to understand. We all know how cheap-y and flimsy those 1-time use applicators are... and I think many ladies have their all-time fave mascara on hand! :)

The only thing I can think of from the customer's perspective is this...if it's my wedding (or someone close to me), I'm probably going to cry! If I don't have an amazingly good cry-proof mascara, I'd hope my makeup artist would have one for my special day. Otherwise, there could be a big mess! 

Also for you, what if something goes wrong as a result of using their mascara? Like it wasn't waterproof (or said it was but really wasn't)? That wouldn't be your fault but could be seen as an oversight on your part and then your work wouldn't look as good!

Just my thoughts, hope it helped!

I am a beauty guide for Limelight. I think it is okay to ask them to bring their own mascara. 

Limelight has a perfect mascara. It's amazing!!

13418550_10206615518288607_8116426676363706746_o.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
My favorite go to mascara is Dior show black.  It is a very black color and it provides enough coverage for very short, thin lashes like mine.  I also like to use some false lashes right now, only because I've had some lash extensions added a few months ago which caused a lot of damage.  I am waiting for my real lashes to grow back to normal. 

I've been using Dior Diorshow mascara in waterproof lately and it's been really good for my lashes. I recently tried the Avon True Color mascara and it performed really well. The pixi lower lash mascara is great for lower lashes because the brush is so tiny. It makes the application way easier.

How does everyone feel about asking clients to provide their own mascara? Mainly in regards to weddings, where I can be doing upwards of five to six makeup applications. I have used the disposable applicators for years but they just don't work as well, it creates so much waste and it's messy. I feel like every woman has mascara and that it wouldn't be unreasonable to ask them to have that with them and with weddings I am usually doing falsies so the mascara doesn't really need to be outstanding. I just don't know if it would be viewed as unprofessional.  Of course, I would have some in my kit just in case.  
I am a bit late to the party here. But ya, it's totally reasonable to ask your clientele to bring their own mascara, and it won't be viewed as unprofessional. Just remind them to bring waterproof and specify what colour, (brown or black).

This is the first time i have heard of something like this and it seems very hygienic.

Latest posts

Back