March 2018 No Buy, Low Buy, Project Pan

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So excited to be back for another No Buy month. My main goal for No Buy March is to pay off a credit card - balance is $150.00. I want to have it completely paid off by the end of the month!

I will start the month working on using up the following items:

• Full size White Rain Apple Blossom Shampoo (used half up last month)
  • Foil pack Yves Rocher Sleeping Care (this is a leave in conditioner to use before bed, and that does not need to be rinsed or washed out)
  • Full size Dior Instant Gentle Cleansing Oil for Face and Eyes (I bought this back in 2014, and used most of the bottle up last month. I just have a bit more to go.)
  • L'Acura Cuvee Royal Refine Serum Vial (this is a little glass vial left over from an Advent Calendar I got at the end of 2016. It is supposed to be used in one day, half in the AM and half in the PM, but I am finding it to contain a few days' use.) After this is done I will try a deluxe sample of Avon Anew Vitamin C Serum.
  • Mary Kay eye shadow sample card in Honey Glaze (a peach-pink shade I am looking forward to trying)
  • Borghese mascara (used all of January and February - will need to discard after this month)
  • PLANT Apothecary Get Happy Body Wash travel size (used half last month) 
Finally, I got a temporary second job this month, and I'm very excited about it. So My third goal is to work hard and achieve well in this new job.

I will be busy this month. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Amazing @EdithS2! Congrats on getting a second job. Thanks again for being such an inspiration to others! You keep me inspired to keep going on my no buy too. I'm really enjoying using the samples I have. I cut back all my boxes except Birchbox. The only reason I kept Birchbox was because I buy some hair products from there and I like to use the points to get them cheaper. Here's to an amazing March!!!

I'm still working hard on my credit card bill and on using up products! I have my credit card bill down to $99 at this time. I cannot wait to pay it off in full.

I made a beauty purchase, but did not break my No Buy. It was a needed replacement, as I am halfway through my last deodorant. I wanted to buy an Yves Rocher deodorant, and when I looked at the Yves Rocher site, they had a GWP that I adored. I really wanted the GWP, but they were out of stock of the deodorants I wanted. For once I did not buy items I don't need just to get a free gift-and it was a REALLY pretty one. But the deodorants did not come back in stock, and my desire for the gift decreased as time passed. 

I then thought that I would like to get a deodorant from Avon. I saw several pretty sets for $12 that had matching perfume, body cream, and deodorant and thought I would get one of those, but then I told myself it was enough just to get two bonus size perfumed roll ons on promo for two for $3. I got Candid and Far Away. Just $3 for both! I had to pay for shipping, and the total was $9.58. I was proud of myself for doing well with the purchase, really waiting and thinking it through, and I'm looking forward to the little treat. 

Way to go @EdithS2!!! So happy for you that you were able to really wait and way your options with the purchase. You did amazing!

I thought I would come and update as it is almost halfway through the month. I'm still on my No Buy, and making progress using things up. I am almost done with my Avon Vitamin C Serum deluxe sample. I don't really love it. It's okay, but I'm not a serum aficionado. I know serums perform really well, but I just don't like using them. I like to wash my face and follow with a simple layer of nice smelling cream, lotion, or oil. I don't like the feel of serums, or the extra step. I only use them when I get them in beauty boxes. Who can afford them, anyway? The Avon Vitamin C Serum does not smell great, and I'm all about pampering. But I've dedicated myself to using it religiously until every drop is gone, and hoping for results. Maybe I'll turn into a serum convert. 

My credit card balance is now $84.00. I've earned enough at my second job to pay it off, but have to wait until my paycheck comes. I'm so looking forward to getting it all paid off. 

I used up a purple eye shadow card sample and it reminded me I have some purple tops and sweaters that I could wear to match it. This was great as I always wear the same clothes out of habit and tend to leave a lot of my clothes unworn. 

I only have three travel size shower gels left to use, and they are my most luxurious ones, as I hoarded them to use last. Now I am able to use them. I have Clarins "Relax", Tocca Bianca Body Scrub, and White Diamonds. After these, I can start working on my huge laundry basket of full size shower gels. This is the biggest part of my beauty collection. 

All in all, I am still happy on my plan. The No Buy is crucial now, because it's such a wonderful thing to have a second job and get extra money, and I want to make sure the money goes to paying things off. Last year I was lucky enough to make $2300.00 on a second job and I treated myself to all kinds of things, Ipsy Offers every week, and I did not get ahead. 

I had a little synchronicity in my sample use up project today. I continue to work on using up my face cream deluxe samples, and I have a prioritized list of the order in which I plan to use them, based on date acquired.  This morning I finished my last face cream sample left over from Winter 2017 - a So Choix sample of Chanel La Solution 10. Then, this afternoon, the season officially changed to Spring, I believe. Tonight it so happened that I began using my face cream samples acquired in Spring 2017! I did not plan this, but it happened that way. 

I'm starting off with samples from my April 2017 Sisley subscription box. The theme was "April Showers." I have deluxe samples of Phyto Blanc Cleansing Milk, Hydra-Flash Masque, and Hydra Global Moisturizer. I subscribed to the Sisley box at the end of 2016 and for the first few months, used the samples as soon as I got them. I was so excited to experience the line. By the time April 2017 rolled around, I was taking my Sisley samples for granted and letting them accumulate while trying other things. It is good to rediscover them and feel excited about them again. I found one of the cream drawstring bags they send the products in, and it is like I received a new sub box for Spring today. I am planning some great facials with my samples. 

Enjoy the Sisley Samples! I loved mine. I think I have a few left and need to get them out. Thanks for the inspiration @EdithS2! I felt good about finishing up 3 samples today. It was a body moisturizer and a body wash from the Rituals Christmas calendar. I also used up a hair mask sample but now can't remember the name. It was one I had received from Birchbox and it was white with gold writing on it. It's a higher end brand but I can't remember the name.

I made it through March 2018 No Buy. I paid off the credit card I was working on. I won't miss that monthly payment. I will be back for an April No Buy with new samples and goals. 

Latest posts

Back