Help!! Hair problem :(

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am coming to you asking for some advice / tips. I have a problem with the splitting ends of my hair. My hair is thin, long-reaching to the waist, but they are still stuffed and also very weak. Single straightening with a straightener causes immediate splitting of the tips. The structure of the hair is very weak. What to do?? What kind of shampoo / nails / masks do you recommend? I will add that I do not dye my hair.

Hi @Polishgirl! I really like the L'Oreal Hair Revive Hair Balm. I have a long highlighted hair and the L'Oreal Revive mask is great. You just leave it in for 3-5 minutes. It's quick and easy and really helps with the ends.

Loreal elvive mask.jpg

Hey @Polishgirl! I had the same problem!  :e058-emoji:  Here are some things I've been doing for the past few years. Some of them, I will say, take a while to notice results because you are fixing the problem from the inside out. I'll preface this by saying I don't color my hair, and I only use heat to style my hair on special occasions. 

1.) Hair, skin, and nail supplements. It's usually a combo supplement that has biotin in it. These work! There are many kinds that you can find in stores or online. I noticed my nails first. They grow super-strong; even the nail lady didn't believe they were real when I grew them out!

2.) Fish Oil supplement: The Omegas help your skin and hair grow healthier.

3.) Those top 2 were for a more from-the-inside-out long-term fix... for more noticeable, fast results get regular trims. I get them every 6-8 weeks.

4.) A coconut oil mask every week. I get my hair wet, heat up maybe 1/2 - 3/4 cup of coconut oil in the microwave till it's warm, slather it all over my hair from root to tip, wrap my head tightly with a plastic bag, and chill with a Netflix show for 30-40 minutes or more. :)  Then I shampoo and conditioner as usual. Sometimes I need to shampoo twice to get it all out. And air dry!

5.) I shoot for sulfate-free products. I've been using Loreal Everpure Sulfate-Free Shampoo and Conditioner for years. And I wash every other day. 

Hope this helps, girl! Let me know if any of this works out for you! <3

1. Whisk an egg yolk and mix in two or three tablespoons of olive oil and one tablespoon of honey. Work it into damp hair, leave it on for 30 minutes and then rinse it off.Alternatively, whisk an egg with one teaspoon of almond oil. Apply on damp hair.

Hey girl!

I used to seriously struggle with split ends. I have really fine/straight hair, and split ends are really noticeable.

Practically, I would say try to only use heat on your hair once a week, and if you are using heat make sure to put on a heat protectant first! 

About 6 months ago I switched ALL of my hair products over to a new all natural luxury hair care line, and let me tell you, my hair is the best it has ever been. One of my favorite products is actually called a "split-end mender" and it literally just makes the split ends go back together and leaves your hair so smooth! It's obviously not a quick fix (because who would trust that anyway), but my hair is so hydrated, healthy, shiny, and it is growing faster than ever. The products you are putting on your hair make a HUGE difference. Let me know if you want to hear more :)  

Hey there, that’s a great question. There are actually many ways to stop splitting ends . I found a video on you tube that explains a few simple ways on how to take care of hair splittings and breakages using home remedies.
I have tried many different ways to handle the same problem. Here’s a link to a video that gives some great tips.
http://eunsetee.com/EinD
Click on the link above and once you land on the page,  click where it says “Please press allow to continue” and then you will be redirected to the YouTube video that shows you what to do. I hope it helps.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Polish! I would suggest to get a trim just to get rid of those split ends then you can do something to prevent it from happening again. I had the same problem before so I had my hair trimmed then I started using natural hair care products. And I have my weekly hair mask.  I've been using Aquableu shampoo and conditioner for a while now and my hair has never been this soft and shiny. By the way I sometimes dye my hair but my hair still looks healthy. 

Latest posts

Back