Best Brands for Olive Skin Tones??

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey all!

I'm new to the forum and super-excited to chat with you all! I've got a question!  :)

So, I have an olive-y skin tone. I tan easily. In BareMinerals, the closest I can get to my shade is Medium-Beige. Clinique is off, and there are a few others that I've tried too, over the years. The thing is, all of the brands I've tried never really perfectly match. They're always just a smidge too pink or red. It's so frustrating because in most light I can get away with it, but in natural sunlight, you can totally tell the difference! Ugh!

Can anyone relate? Are there any brands out there specifically for olive-y or skin with a yellower undertone? Or brands that include these tones? Help!

This would be like extra-added-super-bonus, but I prefer non-comedogenic products, when possible. 

Chat soon! <3

Limelight by Alcone has a great product for Olive skin tones!! They have the best skin care and makeup products. I am a beauty guide for Limelight.

22688914_10214764367003184_214581238204788718_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
@BeautyguideWhitney

Thank you for this! I'll research the products and find what color suits me to try it out! Maybe Shinto 3? I'm terrible at finding my right shade!

Yes. If you go to my link you can look at the colors. The foundation is 50% pigmented so it works wonderful. It makes your face feel so smooth. Limelight has wonderful products. I also have a quiz that you can do to help make sure you get your right color. Do you have red undertones or pink undertones? 

By your Profile picture it looks like you would be a Shinto 3. I'm a shinto 4. 

Your welcome!! I promise Limelight is worth it!! 

All the products are great. The foundation is 50% pigmented when other foundations are around 18% pigmented.

Hello, I've heard the EX1 Cosmetics Invisiwear foundation has a really good range selection and they're not expensive either I would say drugstore pricing same as loreal range. On their website they state what undertones the foundation are as well. I'm looking to invest in one once I finish with the foundation I'm using atm. I have really really yellow undertones so it's hard to look for the right foundation. 

Also I would say look into the ordinary coverage foundation, it's also fairly cheap, they have a selection of colour ranges as well but always seems to be out of stock! 

Hope this helps!

@JessicaCCThanks, Jessica! It does help. I'm willing to try out a couple different foundations, especially if they're inexpensive. When I find makeup that I like, I tend to stick to the same brand for years, so it's worth the time to get it right. Another thing is that I get really tan in the summer, so I always have to have 2 foundations.  :rolleyes: Usually, it's the same brand, just different shades. 

I have some yellow undertones and I am pretty tanned.  I really like Sheisedo line of foundation and wet powder.  I think the color matches perfectly with my skin, although it is a little on the expensive side.  If you're ok with spending a little more on foundation, then I would recommend Sheisedo.  Haven't tried any drugstore brands recently. 

To take care of your skin and respecting its individuality, you have to choose natural products adapted to you and your skin type.Some parts of your face the skin is delicate. Specific care needed especially for the eye area and lips. These areas of your face are more sensitive and therefore require special attention. Your skin care begins by removing make-up and cleaning. To keep your skin sexy and to protect its balance, it's best to use a cleaning product that has been specially developed to treat your skin gently. The eyes are a risk zone and the skin around the eyes are ten times thinner than the rest of the face. Removing make-up takes a specific routine...

Latest posts

Back