BB Cream Blending Problem

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
hi, im a guy with with bad skin tone, some redness and a mix of dry and oily skin, iv recently purchased MMUK BB Cream to even out my skin tone.

The problem is it doesn't blend into my skin and instead slides about on the surface.

for skin preparation iv tried a few different things like: 
-no moisturiser
-moisturiser
-moisturiser & MMUK Skin primer
-no moisturiser & MMUK Skin primer 

iv tried applying with fingers, brush and sponge with the same results, although best result with sponge

i have attached a photo of what happens after iv applied the BB cream, as you can see it stays on the surface and doesn't blend in to the skin at all

Has anyone any suggestions of what the problem could be?

thank you in advanced :)  for the help

BBcream.jpg

Hi! Do you exfoliate your skin? Many times a foundation or BB cream will separate or cling to the skin just like in the picture if you don't exfoliate the skin regularly 1-2 times per week. You can find exfoliators at Target, Sephora, Ulta etc. Pixi has a great exfoliating product called Peel & Polish and it's one of my favorites. It's available at Target. It could also be that your moisturizer has silicone whereas the BB cream doesn't or visa versa. Have you tried a different moisturizer or adding a drop of skin oil on your skin before adding the BB cream? Sometimes if your skin is too dry the separation can occur. If you are using an oil free moisturizer, they many times have silicones in it causing an issue with the BB cream. I personally use BB creams most days in place of a foundation and I always put a skin oil and moisturizer prior to applying the BB cream to help with blendability. Try adding a drop of skin oil on your skin after washing, then your moisturizer and then the BB cream. You can get skin oils from Trader Joes, Whole Foods, Ulta, Target, Sephora etc. Some of my favorite brands are PIXI and dermae for their skin oils.

Latest posts

Back