Hey I'm Violet!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey guys! My name is Violet and I am a total makeup junkie that like it's unhealthy haha! I'm so excited to be involved in this community because I love talking about anything that has to do with beauty. My first question is, at what age did you guys start showing an interest in makeup? For me it was age 12 when I started watching Bethany Mota on Youtube lol!

For me it was my 3rd grade - I've started putting makeup on my Gramma  :6796-emoji:   She totally let me do that! How amazing she is! And we've been playing every day! Than I got makeup artist diploma in Europe. And now I have my Beauty YouTube Channel ...... Little more than you've expected to hear but...... 

I grew up reading my mother's magazines. I grew up in the 1970s, a glamorous time. In the magazines, they would feature makeovers, and they would set the makeover subjects' hair on rollers. They would have a complex pattern for the rollers in the back of the magazine. I used to try so hard to copy the hairdos! I would say when I was a teen, hair was more important than makeup. It was crucial to have the right haircut, and I always got a curling iron for Christmas. We used mostly Cover Girl makeup. When I was 16, I got my first Estee Lauder products. I felt so grown up, so special. I used to go to the library all the time to check out every beauty book on the shelves. And when I was in college, the library had every issue of Vogue, Harpers Bazaar, Seventeen, and Mademoiselle from the 1940s to the present. I spent hours going through all of the beauty articles and makeup ads. My favorite were the magazines from the 1960s. Sometimes I would cut class and read them all day (I regret that). I've always been in love with the world of beauty. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Back