Nail products for hospital workers (nurses, respiratory)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

My name is SarahJayne, I work in a hospital and I have a bit of an issue keeping my nails looking neat and protected. 

I prefer to have natural medium length nails, however any product I put on them gets worn down/ breaks down due to the amount of hand sanitizer and hand washing that I do.

(My facility requires that we use hand sanitizer prior to entering the patient's room, before changing our gloves, and prior to exiting the patient's room)

I've counted and I apply sanitizer to my hands and nails about 100 times per night on an average day working in ICU.

Currently I have my natural nails short to the nub with no polish, but this is ugly and does not look feminine on my stubby hands.

Additionally, even though my nails are trimmed very short they still chip, snag, and break. I would normally alleviate this by using nail polish.

Any suggestions of new products to try, special top coats, etc.?

BTW I only use cruelty free products, and I love holographic nails.

Thanks for reading!

Hi! I really like the Julep nail polishes. They last a long time and don't chip as easy when I use the base coat and the top coat.

I subbed to the Julep Maven box (I like getting things in the mail) and I'm excited to try them.

Other than that, I plan on trying the Color Club gel polish if the Julep products don't work out.

xX Keeping my fingers crossed Xx

I subbed to the Julep Maven box (I like getting things in the mail) and I'm excited to try them.

Other than that, I plan on trying the Color Club gel polish if the Julep products don't work out.

xX Keeping my fingers crossed Xx
I hope you like them! I love the Julep sub and have done it one and off in the last couple of years.

Latest posts

Back