Beauty Blender: over hyped/ over priced?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I wanted to hear other's opinion on the beauty blender vs other sponges. My main question is: is the beauty blender superior to sponges of other companies out there? Price wise it is definitely much higher at $20 or so while other sponges come in at around $5. If you use sponges are you partial to beauty blenders or do you think it is over priced/over hyped? 

@UpsnaaPicks

I personally think they're overhyped. People often buy based on brand, not the actual product, and that brand has done a good job marketing its product so people are made to believe it is the best. I love my $5 beauty-blender-like sponge that I got at Target or Ulta (I forgot). I also have a few of them to rotate through, which is nice. 

@melissarebecca 

Completely thought the same thing.....I've use other sponges and I thought it was the same, but wanted to see if there was a more legitimate reason it was so expensive. I think they were just able to market and get influencers early in the game.

I agree also. I've used the Beautyblender as well as off brands and I think they are pretty much the same.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it's overhyped I use my Real Techniques sponge and it's better in my opinion, the shape is better.  

I think its definitely overhyped! I also agree with @UpsnaaPicks that they were able to get influencers early on. BeautyBlender and other off brand products are mostly the same. I think it is just a matter of preference and a matter of budget. I have a few sponges and can't really tell the difference between them. If not beautyblender, does anyone have any favorite sponges they use? I love testing new things out!

Latest posts

Back