How to Get Rid of Pimples?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello Everyone!

I have a question, recently I have read an article on the internet about getting fair skin and in this article, the author has mentioned a procedure with which we can cure pimples using Kafee powder and Honey.

I am a bit confused if I should apply it or not. My skin is oily and I have lots of pimples. Please confirm me, if this method works or not.

Waiting anxiously for your early replies.

Last edited by a moderator:
@gefoI, too, have had oily and pimply skin. There are a few things in that article that I do not agree with, personally. 1.) It recommends using milk. Milk and dairy are common allergens that can cause inflammation in the body and, in turn, cause acne. (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15692464) I'd stay away from that. 2.) The article has many grammatical errors and no sources or citations to back up their claims. To me, that shows that it wasn't written by a credible source. Not to say that there's no truth in the article, but I'd typically look for articles that have proof or credibility behind their claims. 3.) The article seems to be focused on getting fair (lighter) skin, not specifically clearer skin. Here's an article that I found via a google search that has sources listed and is specifically for acne-prone skin: https://www.healthyandnaturalworld.com/homemade-face-masks-for-acne/ I picked this one because it seems like you like natural remedies, and a few of the masks I've done myself and liked.  :)

The truth is, all of our skin is so different so different remedies will work for different people. I used to do a lemon and egg white mask 2x/month for acne and scarring. I liked that, but it can be strong if you have a lot of open pimples. (stinging!) Now I do a bentonite clay mask 1x/week or so to tighten my pores and combat oiliness. I like using apple cider vinegar (diluted!) too, but, again, if your skin is sensitive/red/inflamed, strong masks may do more harm than good. 

I think trying a few masks could be a good start to see how your skin reacts. You won't see instantaneous results, but you can usually tell if your skin feels smoother, looks brighter, and the redness is reduced. Best of luck!

I would suggest you take fish oil supplement and wash your face with visalift rosehip cleanse gel to overcome pimples problem. After some time, you'll definitely feel the improvements. 

Limelight by Alcone has great skin care products. I personally love the dream clean. It stops the acne from starting. 

They also have another skin care product that is like a spot treatment. So if you have a pimple to show up overnight you can use it and it's like it instantly removes the pimple.

Limelight also offers a 30 day return policy to get a full refund if you do not like the product. 

22179724_10156587426138056_8521266031202452024_o.jpg

Thanks to everyone for answering sincerely. I will definitely try these methods and hopefully, my pimples will go.

Try to use regularly cosmetics with strong anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties, e.g.: nano gold and nano silver particles, lactoferrin, chitosan, azelaic acid.

But cosmetics are not everything. The cause of pimples can be inside the body. Think about limiting dairy and gluten.

Good luck!

To overcome pimples, I would strongly recommend you to try out homemade remedies or organic products instead of using chemical based cosmetics products. You can use Lemon juice, papaya, egg white, organic rosehip cleanser gel etc to get rid of pimples.

Doctors recommend gently washing the face no more than twice daily. Over-the-counter (OTC) pimple treatments often contain benzoyl peroxide, salicylic acid, and sulfur. Prescription medication for pimples includes topical treatment, antibiotics, isotretinoin, and laser and light therapy.

Ice can be used to quickly reduce the redness, swelling and inflammation of pimples. It helps in improving blood circulation to the affected area, and in tightening the skin pores and removing dirt and oil accumulated on the skin. You can use ice cubes or crushed ice, whichever is convenient.Wrap the ice in a piece of cloth and hold it on the affected skin area for a few seconds. Wait a few minutes and repeat the process.

Getting rid of pimples can be a long, drawn-out process. You may have to try different products, since no one person's skin is the same. The general steps should be cleanse, exfoliate, toner, moisturizer. But be careful, if you overdo it, your skin can breakout more.

Don't wash your face more than twice a day, and if your skin gets irritated, back off on the exfoliation, maybe only a few times a week. Acne is often influenced by hormones, but can be made worse if you pick at it or overdo washing your face.

You can use some natural remedies like turmeric, lemon, apply green tea on your face etc to reduce pimples. Some days ago I have pimples on my face and I was so worried. I use all these home remedies and go for a natural facial in Bluedrake (http://www.bluedrake.in/ which is a good parlor providing natural services for their customers. Now my face is totally pimple free and glowing like previous.

hey.. i read the article and i think there is lot of useful thing which you can use for your skin care. but fact is that you have oily skin and pimples. and the article is quite for it but not 100% and i know the most worst thing is with our skin is facial pimples. Jojoba Oil is extremely light, and the nearest in molecular structure to our own natural sebum "it is the perfect carrier oil for oily skins, as it tricks the skin into stopping the overproduction of its own oils. Active essential oils cannot penetrate into the deeper layers of the skin so should always be contained in a carrier oil like jojoba. the virginic brand jojoba oil is pure and 100% natural. if you will apply it with your daily natural skin care habit you will get the result in a 2 weeks. thank you.

1. SCRUB AND EXFOLIATE Choose a face scrub that’s right for your skin type and consider using a gentle exfoliating sponge to avoid irritating your skin. If you have naturally oily skin, exfoliating is a great way to draw a pimple right to the surface and renew your skin cells.
  2. If you’re looking to learn how to remove pimples safely, soak a small towel in warm to hot water and hold it to your face regularly throughout the day. You can also prepare a steam bath with hot water in a bowl and hold your face over it at a comfortable distance.
  3. Moderate levels of heat and steam can open up your pores and allows impurities to naturally escape. They can also reduce irritation and redness associated with pimples. Natural face masks should contain pimple-fighting ingredients to boost your skin’s recovery. 
  4. Send your pimple packing with a natural spot treatment – simply apply a dab of a natural anti-bacterial ingredient directly on your pimple, leave for ten to fifteen minutes, and rinse off with warm water. Consider these spot treatment options and send your pimple packing:

• Diluted tea tree oil – is well known for its soothing, antibacterial, and sebum-dissolving properties
    • Tomatoes – contain high levels of antioxidants to fight cellular damage and reduce redness
    • Garlic –contains sulphur that dries out oils naturally, and is a great antiseptic
    • Honey – eliminates bacteria and blocks it from entering your pores
    • USE A NATURAL SPOT TREATMENT
    • Try turmeric and cucumber, both of which work to heal and soothe your skin. Mix these ingredients with a mild natural yoghurt for a moisturising kick.
    • MAKE A NATURAL FACE MASK
    • APPLY HEAT

Hello @gefo

Have you tried apple cider vinegar?

Like Melissa, I used to apply it on my skin, not diluted, only a little on my pimples with a cotton swab, every other night. It is the first time I believe I definitely get rid of my pimples and I dare to go out without foundation! I do not understand why this natural remedy is not better known.

I also apply on my skin products which contain rose water, those of Nuxe brand. I have the micellar cleansing water and the face mask treatment. 

I already tried egg white mask, too. This is fine to tighten pores, but it doesn’t work for a very long time. This is the reason why I make it just before a special day or before to go to a party.

I hope this helps you ?

All of the advice here just proves that not everything works for everyone. Carefully try different methods to see what works. Just don't change too many things at once, or you will never know which one is best.

Actually, pimples are caused due to bad habits and improper diet. If you get rid of this avoid sugar and salt and dairy products and accept a healthy diet such as fruits juice and green vegetables.

Hey,

There are so many acne products which are used for skin but some are not helpful. Shea Butter is really good for the skin because it can heal the fraction, regular use of the cream which can treat your many other skin problems that can include acne, blemishes, dark spots, sunburns, acne scars, skin allergy, and many other skin problems. 

Orgocare African Shea Butter Acne with Lavender & Lemon Grass Oils:

Shea Butter Acne infused with Lavender and Lemongrass essential oils cure acne because it is rich in anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties and does not clog pores. It promotes cell regeneration and treats scar tissue, redness and skin damage due to pimples. In addition to this lemongrass and Lavender oils also have anti-microbial, anti-septic and anti-oxidant properties which help in the prevention of acne breakouts.

1.  Prevents and heals acne
  2.  Balances sebum production
  3. Fights redness and inflammation caused by acne
  4. Speeds up skin cell turn over
  5. Rich in anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties
2.png

Latest posts

Back