Sign in to follow this  
Anna Tran

My mum thinks i wear makeup to impress boys!

Posted (edited)

Let me start off saying my mum doesn't really know much about makeup so for example if i were to do a natural look such as, Eyebrows, no foundation and just curled lashes and a bit of mascara she would go off at me. I am personally never into caked up and full glammed looks. I usually look like myself.. My mum always makes comments about who am i trying to impress and am i going out with some boy or something just because i'm wearing one makeup item on my face. I understand she wants her young teen to embrace her natural beauty, but i do. She mentioned how " you are used to it, wherever you go  you have to apply something!" , " Girls who know how to glam up too early are the ones that are already starting to be interested in guys", " Obviously, because they want the guys to look at them, why else would they glam themselves up?".

If my mum doesn't want me to do makeup anymore, okay i won't then i can go bare face and i have. It's not hard, she makes it seem like i absolutely can't leave without putting something on my face. Well, mum it's not like that. Everytime this topic is spoken about i really want to walk through a brick wall because my mum and my older brother don't seem to get me at all. She loves me to just go bare face. I can do that and i don't always wear makeup. 

I only fill in my brows when i feel like it and if she doesn't want me to from now on i won't, i can do that.. Im just annoyed and agitated that she doesn't understand the fact that i do not just wear a bit of makeup to impress boys. What should i do, should i just not wear makeup at all to make her happy? I want my mum to understand and know that a bit is okay just like at least its very subtle. My mum just wants me to go bare face not even filling my brows but when i fill them in she always makes a comment. Personally i don't try to aim for very dark eyebrows, like i said i like to keep it natural. Any advice? I personally think i should just only wear it on the weekends but weekdays don't wear anything. She mentioned that she doesn't mind weekends but for weekdays no i shouldn't wear anything.

Edited by Anna Tran