• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to MakeUp Talk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

What night cream to use

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello everyone, as the title suggests, I am wondering what night cream I should start using. There are so many products out there, it is impossible to research them all to find out what might work best to try. So I am looking for advice from you girls and open to any suggestions of what works best for you. 

I will begin by saying that I am 20 years old (female) and I have never used a night cream before, but realise it will be a good step to add into my daily routine.

What I am looking for is a product with antioxidants to eliminate the daily stress and toxins that the skin might have picked up.

I also favour products that are enriched with vitamins. 

I need something that works to keep skin clear as sometimes my skin is okay, but other times I can break out badly (not even sure why, my skin is pretty random).

I am concerned that if I overuse a product (i.e get in a pattern of using it every day), that my skin will rely on it to stay healthy. I like the idea of maintaining radiant skin and products being an addition to this that compliment it and my skin won't misbehave if I end up missing it out a night or so.

I have tried a few acne prone treatment products and in some cases found my skin worse - maybe it was too harsh as I have delicate skin - or maybe it was my skin getting used to it, who knows, but it has put me off a bit.

I prefer products with fewer chemicals and that is a lot more natural based. I would choose water-based products because I feel I am less likely to break out over oil-based ones, whilst hydrating my skin.

My skin type has always been on the drier side, but it doesn't bother me a lot because it feels nice after using just a drop of moisturiser. I always use highly hydrating moisturiser and let that get to work. 

The product that is standing out to me is the Revaléskin Night Cream. What are your reviews/opinions on this particular product if you've tried it?

I particularly like the fact this product contains CoffeeBerry whole fruit extract, which protects the skin cells from free radical damage as I am guilty of going tanning now and again. At this present time, it would be important for me to have this in a product for me (whether it is in a night cream or of separate usage).

I don't mind investing in good products if it is going to make a difference in my overall health and appearance. However, I don't want to spend a lot of money if it isn't worth all the hype and if there are similar products out there to try first.

Thank you for taking your time to read and reply.

You can experiment with a variety of night creams until you find the one that works best. Missing a night should be no big deal, but tanning will be. The best way to protect your skin is to stay out of the sun and use sunscreen every time you leave the house, rain or shine, and no matter the season. 

Other than that, follow these basic steps:

Daily

• Cleanse and lightly exfoliate am and pm
  • Toner
  • Moisturizer
  • Sunscreen
Weekley

• Deep exfoliation
  • Masque
Experiment until you find the products that work best on your skin.

Good luck with your efforts.

try different product until you find one that fits you... but I can suggest Weleda Hydrating Night Cream (been using this for months, and I love the result)

Latest posts

Back