Sign in to follow this  
Ncrou

How do you choose

Since everyone has their own preferences and different things that they like, I was curious on what makes you choose a particular brand or type of product. Particularly eyeshadows and lip products?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• NARS Cosmetics Shop Cargo Cosmetics Today!

• How it feels to be shopping too much after being on No Buy for a year It's been almost a month now of shopping too much after breaking my No Buy, and I've had a lot of feelings of sadness, guilt, and anxiety. I feel worse than ever about my shopping, because it's creating cognitive dissonance with the new habits I set up last year. I have noticed the following thoughts and feelings: Rip Van Winkle/ROMO Effect - I did not keep up with beauty boxes and promos through all of 2018. I was blissfully ignorant. When I began shopping again, I saw many things I missed during the year, and now have ROMO (Regret on Missing Out). For example, I became aware of all the Sephora Play! Smarts boxes from last year, and wanted to buy them from eBay! This is a little overwhelming! All the dazzling new things and exciting, new to me box programs like Boxyluxe and Ipsy upgrades are even more tempting as I have been away so long.  I feel selfish. When I'm shopping for myself, I feel I should be saving the money to help family members. I began to contribute and share more with family during my No Buy, and now I feel bad focusing so much on myself again. I complained to my cousin that I was sad that my New Years resolutions were a failure. In the middle of all my haul packages I had a little package from her with a Celtic charm in a little green bag and inspirational bookmarks. I felt bad, because she has it really rough. Her husband works for the government, so he has been out of work in this cruel winter. Here she is sending me a package. I should be doing for her and for my other family members instead of all this selfish hauling.  I'm scared of getting a lot of new stuff! This is new. For a year I had a system. Everything was organized just so. I knew how much I had of each thing. I was getting close to the end of using all my back stocks of skin and hair care. Now when I go to haul, I want to buy things, but then I feel bad because there won't be room for them in the storage I have set up, and it will take me that much longer to use everything. I did not feel this way before being on No Buy for a year.  I learned a little bit about what really works for me during the No Buy year. I did a whole year of painstaking experimentation with Mary Kay eye shadow sample cards, and learned that many colors don't work for me. When shopping resumed, I was ready to grab for anything with a pretty package again, but then I recalled that those shades do not work for me. When I see all the fabulous new things, and get new things in the mail, it makes the things I have look old and tired. When I was not shopping, I loved my things, and I would not dream of parting with them. But when I began seeing new things, I had an impulse to throw the old stuff out, which my No Buy self would be dead against.  I'm scared of going into more debt. I worked so hard to pay off debt through all of 2018, and I have been opening up new credit cards to shop. I keep telling myself I'll use them in a controlled way, but that never worked in the past. I'm scared and want them to hurry up and come in the mail so I can close them. I won't have peace of mind until I can get rid of them.  This whole mess up has left me feeling depressed. The bad feelings outweigh the fun, yet part of me still wants to buy. I want to try to do it in a controlled way. I'm hoping I'll be calming down since it's been almost a month now.  I guess these feeling of cognitive dissonance show that my No Buy was a success in that it set up good habits or new attitudes, but my No Buy self is fighting, fighting, with my old shopping self. 
    • I got another little Shop Miss A haul: Enamel Clover Stud Earrings in White - very beautiful Barielle nail treatment cream Nail Strengthener in a pen form with a brush at the end  Body oils - African Musk; Baby Powder; White Linen Type - these smell good, especially the African Musk.  Excellent buy for $6.00.  Two more Shop Miss A hauls on the way. 
    • I calmed down since I saw the new Wet and Wild Rebel Rose Collection. I was so excited when I first saw it, and wanted to get the complete collection box for $59.99! I ended up just ordering the Rose Multi-Use Oil for now. It's the item I wanted most - it's in a beautiful glass bottle and has actual rose petals floating inside the bottle. I love it! For $7.99, I think it's a great buy!  Next on my list would be the gorgeous black rose deign blush brush for $7.99. And maybe the toner for $7.99. I think I can be happy with just those three items. I narrowed it down, but man I am in love with this line! Wet and Wild says this collection marks a new direction of them beginning to get into skin care. I am excited for that, because if this is a sign of things to come, we will be able to have beautiful packaging and ingredients at a great price. 
    • I resubscribed to Birchbox yesterday! I am excited about it again. They just came out with March sample choice. It's looking good. March box: Cream, pink, and navy floral - I really like it. Sample Choice: The Beauty Crop Lighting Crew Highlighting Cream  thisworks deep sleep pillow spray  amika Reset Pink Charcoal Cleansing Oil (my favorite) - a pre shampoo treatment Curated Box:  Benefit BADGal BANG! mascara Oribe Grandiose Hair Plumping Mousse Luxie Beauty 213 Eye Shading Rose Gold Brush - I keep getting this from Ipsy and now it has followed me to Birchbox, lol ModelCo Metallic Eye Shadow Trio  My Clarins RE-CHARGE Relaxing Sleep Mask - My Clarins is new to me. Apparently it's a new range for younger skins.  Kiehl's Midnight Recovery Botanical Cleansing Oil - oil to milk formula, evening primrose oil, glamorous midnight blue bottle - love it.  I am jealous of: Birchbox Spain has a great Game of Thrones edition Birchbox currently. The box is really pretty, and they have a better card  - it is like a greeting card that is folded in two, has a photo of an eye look, and a sneak peek of next month on the back. Then, the customer got a coupon for two free months of HBO. The unboxing video I saw had a good sized tube of Whish Vanilla Lip Scrub and a huge hand cream.  
    • I recommend Ulta Rose Gold Eyeshadow Palette, $20.00 with free gift (Ulta.com) Shades include: Champagne: light golden tan shimmer Pink: light pink shimmer Hopeless Romantic: medium mauve with silver shimmer Chandelier: medium brown with golden shimmer Luxe: deep reddish brown with pink shimmer Dahlia: deep plum with pink glitter Prosecco: light cream matte Bubbles: light pink matte Breathless: medium mauve matte Dessert: deep cool brown matte Sweetheart: deep rich reddish brown matte Orchid: deep violet matte   Hope that helps, you are a nice husband. 

About MakeupTalk®

© 2003-2018 MakeupTalk.com®, an active online community and message board geared towards members wanting to discuss everything to do with makeup, cosmetics, product reviews, monthly subscription boxes and general beauty related topics. Our community provides product reviews, makeup and general beauty tips. Our most popular topics are subscription boxes and their monthly spoilers. Join our community for free to take part in the conversations and share your own beauty tips and product reviews with others. We look forward to seeing you online here at Makeuptalk®!

MakeupTalk® Facebook