I walked away from sub boxes and feel so free!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I cancelled my sub boxes and ever since then I’ve felt so much better. I feel more free with less stress checking out spoilers and constantly trying to keep up with what was coming, not even mentioning the money I’m saving. The clutter is way less too! Has anyone else done this? Or cut back on the amount of boxes? Thoughts? 

I have thanfully cut way back. When i saw my year end summary statement this past jan, i knew something needed to change. I have 2 more months on a birchbox annual, and a few more boxes on annual subscriptions.  I was giving away far more than I was using. I still have a big box of items to get rid of from sub boxes. 

Truly have enough to last me for a year or more.  I might let myself have 1 sub box a m onth just for fun. But yea, just trying to organize the stuff is really time consuming

I have not purchased any this year, as I am on a No Buy. I was always on a quest to find the perfect sub box, the one that would send me an abundance of wonderful items that would match me perfectly, for a low price. Once I found the Holy Grail box, I thought, I'd never have to buy anything, and my money problems would be solved, and I'd have the perfect beauty routine. I thought it would make life so much simpler. But there are so many boxes now, it's confusing to know which to choose. Even if you just get Birchbox, there are so many tempting box upgrades and limited edition boxes and sample choices. Then there is always a letdown when the box does not match expectations, and sends things you don't care for. I don't look at the the spoilers, to avoid temptation. I don't miss the boxes all that much for now. 

Oh I am so frustrated with myself.  I cancelled Allure, I cancelled Beautyfix, and I only have November to go with Birchbox. Then I have 2 more boxes coming ( winter and Spring) from Margot Elena.

So that is fine.  Today I went through everything, decided what to keep and what to get rid of and also listed a few items on ebay.

This took all day.  I felt really good. It especially felt really good deciding what to get rid of.

So what did I do? I saw a one time purchase for an Ellen box tonight and I BOUGHT IT! I am so frustrated with myself!! 

What I am really upset with is that I bascially have my master bedroom closet (it is a small closet) set up to hold shelves lined with beauty products, arranged neatly by category, inside of beauty boxes. There are no shoes or clothes in my master bedroom closet!  There is no room !

I was looking forward to putting my shoes in there again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh I am so frustrated with myself.  I cancelled Allure, I cancelled Beautyfix, and I only have November to go with Birchbox. Then I have 2 more boxes coming ( winter and Spring) from Margot Elena.

So that is fine.  Today I went through everything, decided what to keep and what to get rid of and also listed a few items on ebay.

This took all day.  I felt really good. It especially felt really good deciding what to get rid of.

So what did I do? I saw a one time purchase for an Ellen box tonight and I BOUGHT IT! I am so frustrated with myself!! 

What I am really upset with is that I bascially have my master bedroom closet (it is a small closet) set up to hold shelves lined with beauty products, arranged neatly by category, inside of beauty boxes. There are no shoes or clothes in my master bedroom closet!  There is no room !

I was looking forward to putting my shoes in there again.
Don't feel bad; you have done so well. You worked all day and cancelled many boxes. That's not easy. Ellen box won't set you back if it is one time. I would want it too. You will reach your goal. I used to be really hard on myself when I would start a project and get something. But you can do it. ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Every time I think I'm going to have a no buy, something 'that seems great' and is irresistible to me comes up.  Very frustrated that I can't resist 'a deal' even though I probably have more than a years worth of beauty items.

Latest posts

Back