Tarah95

OILY SKIN HELP!!

Hi everyone.. I suffer from really oily skin and sometimes I get dry and oily in one place.. anyways I can’t seem to find a primer, foundation, concealer or eye shadow base that will actually work. Everything seems to just sit on top of the oil and with one touch my foundation comes off completely and powdering my concealer seems to make its crack and show my under eye wrinkles more. I have the plouise base and use it exactly how you’re suppose to and still my eyeshadow creases. I’m a beautician myself and I can’t for the love of god find ANYTGING that makes my makeup sit on my face ... any advice would be great.

Edited by Tarah95

What is your skin care routine like? I used to have a very oily skin until I added skin care oils into my regimen. It sounds weird to put oil on an oily skin but it actually works as long as it's an oil product intended for oily skin so it doesn't cause breakouts. Also I really personally like the Pixi Glow tonic for keeping my pores clean and prepping my skin for moisturizer and foundation. I noticed that if I use a skin care oil before a moisturizer my foundation lasts longer.

• Like 1

Yeah! I can relate how frustrating it is, really. Thanks Reija! I learned new today. Will try my luck! 

Yeah, I agree with Reija, some products seem counter-intuitive at first, but the results do work and in the same vein as her suggestion, ensure that your skin care products say they are made for oily skin types. Also make sure that you're make-up is made for oily skin as well.

Since oily skins tend to break down make-ups faster, (that's the unfortunate reality) you also need to touch up your make-up more frequently throughout the day using either blot papers (the blue ones work best) or non build-able powders such as blot powders or no-colour powders. 

With concealers, less powdering is better (again this seems counter-intuitive at first) but concealers just need to be matte, not overly powdered or else your concealer will crack... As you've already found out. Also don't apply a thick layer of concealer, the thicker the product on your face, the more chance it will crack on you, especially around the eye area. There is a lot of pigment in concealers already for them to do their job, so no need to pile it on. And a light powdering will set it just fine. Just remember to lightly touch it up throughout the day.

Foundations can be applied with a heavy hand if need be, however less is more is the golden mantra of make-up application.

Good luck Tarah95

On 9/30/2018 at 8:12 PM, Reija said:

What is your skin care routine like? I used to have a very oily skin until I added skin care oils into my regimen. It sounds weird to put oil on an oily skin but it actually works as long as it's an oil product intended for oily skin so it doesn't cause breakouts. Also I really personally like the Pixi Glow tonic for keeping my pores clean and prepping my skin for moisturizer and foundation. I noticed that if I use a skin care oil before a moisturizer my foundation lasts longer.

This actually looks very useful. Thank you for sharing this.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• NARS Cosmetics Shop Cargo Cosmetics Today!

• At first, I also rejuvenated my face with injections. For three procedures, almost nothing has changed: (Yes, and a little sick. But then I solved the problem in a different way, found on the website koreakos the suitable makeup for me and forgot about the shots. Many thanks to the site Koreakos. I found a lot of useful things on it. I recommend it to everyone!
    • Hello everyone, I am delighted and I hasten to share with you a wonderful Korean product - peeling for the feet, which produces stunning results. I ordered it on the site https://koreakos.com/body-4/foot-care/calmia-silky-perfect-foot-peeling. It is worth noting that the procedure was timed to the trip to the sea, and I wanted the heels in sandals to look wonderful. The product is really amazing, all the old skin has been peeled off, the heels have become very smooth and soft. I'm in love with this product!
    • Wow, so much I missed during my No Buy Year! I see Sephora has a new bag called Play! Smarts. Instead of a random set of samples, customers are given products around a particular theme. Also, an online class is provided. It just feels so organized, and maybe a way for me to actually use things from a box instead of letting them pile up. I wish I would have gotten the skin care bag for women over 50! Now on the site I see they had a complexion makeup bag, but it's out of stock. 😶 Does anyone know how often these come out? Makeup overwhelms me, so it would be good to practice on one area at a time. This speaks to me on many levels. I've actually never tried the regular Play! box. I got one of the luxe bags and really liked it. They had Peter Thomas Roth Hungarian Thermal Water Cream in the recent Play! Smarts box. I'm going to be looking out for the next one. Update: the classes can be seen on Sephora's YouTube channel. History of boxes so far: June 2018 - Glitter Eyes for Real Life - the inaugural box.  August 2018 - Superfoods Feed Your Face  September 2018 - Skincare by Age 30s, 40s, 50s.  October 2018 - K-Beauty: Skin Innovation October 2018 - Superfoods: Inner and Outer Beauty  November 2018 - Complexion Your Way: Dewey and Matte It should be time for a new one, no? Maybe it was test marketing for last year.  I recall when looking through magazines from the 1970s there was a mail order beauty club called The Butterfly Club. They would send a shipment for eye makeup the first time, lip makeup the next time, etc., so you could make yourself over little by little. I loved the ad. I have been unable to find the ad online. Anybody remember? I believe it was like Cosmetique Club.  I liked Birchbox Beta from 2017, where they sent kits based on a specific area. I got overwhelmed with all the choices they had, though. Could never decide which one to get, or should I get the regular box, or the curated box. 
    • I use Pinterest to look up vintage beauty ads from the 60s and 70s. 

About MakeupTalk®

© 2003-2018 MakeupTalk.com®, an active online community and message board geared towards members wanting to discuss everything to do with makeup, cosmetics, product reviews, monthly subscription boxes and general beauty related topics. Our community provides product reviews, makeup and general beauty tips. Our most popular topics are subscription boxes and their monthly spoilers. Join our community for free to take part in the conversations and share your own beauty tips and product reviews with others. We look forward to seeing you online here at Makeuptalk®!

MakeupTalk® Facebook