Help! My foundation is turning white around my eyes.

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I've used the same foundation (Wei Mandarin Orange Even Skin Tone, which used to be called Wei To Go Ideal Skin Perfect Finish) for a long time. Sometimes I use the It Cosmetics concealer with it. I apply it with a beautyblender and set it with whatever loose powder I'm using at the time. I'm not doing anything different than I always have, but this has started happening out of nowhere.

When I first apply my makeup it looks perfectly normal, and then within a few hours all around my eye (basically follows my orbital bone) is like 5 shades lighter than the rest of my face. It looks ridiculous, and I can't seem to do anything to stop it. I'm using no new products. My skin appears and feels the same as it always has. I have no idea wtf is happening, and I get nothing when I've tried googling. 

The other night when I noticed it I tried layering more foundation over it, and that worked at first but then sure enough a few hours later, it happened again, and it looked even worse due to the extra layer of makeup. 

Has anyone experienced anything like this? I wear makeup almost every day and this is embarrassing. One of the things that popped into my head is that maybe my foundation is oxidizing everywhere but around my eyes for some reason? Please help!

I've used the same foundation (Wei Mandarin Orange Even Skin Tone, which used to be called Wei To Go Ideal Skin Perfect Finish) for a long time. Sometimes I use the It Cosmetics concealer with it. I apply it with a beautyblender and set it with whatever loose powder I'm using at the time. I'm not doing anything different than I always have, but this has started happening out of nowhere.

When I first apply my makeup it looks perfectly normal, and then within a few hours all around my eye (basically follows my orbital bone) is like 5 shades lighter than the rest of my face. It looks ridiculous, and I can't seem to do anything to stop it. I'm using no new products. My skin appears and feels the same as it always has. I have no idea wtf is happening, and I get nothing when I've tried googling. 

The other night when I noticed it I tried layering more foundation over it, and that worked at first but then sure enough a few hours later, it happened again, and it looked even worse due to the extra layer of makeup. 

Has anyone experienced anything like this? I wear makeup almost every day and this is embarrassing. One of the things that popped into my head is that maybe my foundation is oxidizing everywhere but around my eyes for some reason? Please help!
Stop applying foundation under your eyes. Use a concealer instead.

The sudden change is due to changes in diet, age, season and the environment, which is unavoidable and is the natural course of things.

When one or more of these things happen, your skin's pH will change, in your case it has become more oily, thus it has begun oxidizing your make-up under your eyes after a few hours... No need to panic, as this happens to everyone, especially every seven years as this is when a persons' body goes through major changes in their skins' texture, pH balance, and hormone levels, to both men and women.

Hence people have to change up their make-up shades, textures, and formulations within their brand every few years or so. However you don't have to change up your make-up line or brand if you're still happy with it, that is up to you, as there are a lot of make-up brands out there.

I am going to take a wild guess and say that you're still moisturizing? If you are? Good. And keep powdering the way you've been powdering. As an addition, keep a blot powder with you and touch up throughout the day using a stippling motion.

Remember, foundation is for the face, concealers are for under the eyes. Yes you can mix a super tiny bit of foundation into your concealer, (1 part C :  0.1 part F)  any more than that and your formulation will turn grey on the skin. Again, too much product under the eyes will cause excess oiliness, and fine lines to show.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back