Recommendation for holding makeup party

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi I am a new MUA who has been asked by a client to hold a party for 4 ladies.  No sure how to organize and accomplish this with limited resources as I do not have enough products for everyone?  anyone that has done this or can help with suggestions woiuld be appreciated.  Also pricing.

Maurita

Eaton_143-248-014prte.jpg

Hi I am a new MUA who has been asked by a client to hold a party for 4 ladies.  No sure how to organize and accomplish this with limited resources as I do not have enough products for everyone?  anyone that has done this or can help with suggestions woiuld be appreciated.  Also pricing.

Maurita

View attachment 21099
Is this a selling party or a an application only party

If you're holding a selling product party, then I would apply to a make-up company that offers a third-party product reselling service such as Eve Pearl, SeneGence, Avon, etc. Once you've been approved, they send you their entire product line in demonstration form, you do your applications, make your sales, place your orders and so on. Along with the demonstrator products, the company will also include a few products for sale when you do make an on-the-spot-sale so your clients won't go home empty handed.

For an application party, typically you gift them a full sized lipstick colour that you've just applied to them. So four ladies are not too bad, since a lipstick runs between $25-$35, so yeah that kind of adds up on a limited budget. At least you're not buying an entire make-up line for each lady. Also as a new MuA, I am guessing you understand about proper product hygiene, using clean brushes for each person, not double-dipping into mascara or foundation bottles etc. Being a clean MuA goes a long way in maintaining your clients.

Thanks for the info.  Right now I would be doing application only party, but product info is helpful as I grow my business.   

Latest posts

Back