Nails extension: temporary ? length ?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello ! :)

In January, I'm play a role in an amateur movie where I'll be some kind of "bimbo" ^^ Should be fun but I need to have my nails done, which is something I don't often do.

Two questions about that:

- is there some kind of nails extensions I can keep for about a week, then make them remove with no or few "nail harm" afterwards ? I know acryllic extensions let the nails in a kinda poor state then... Cause after that week, I get back to my regular job and my nails need to be "regular" again ?

- which length should I choose so my nails prevent me to proprely use my phone or a keyboard ? (remember, I'm supposed to play a bimbo !) I really need to feel desperate while trying to use my fingers ^^ But it also has to be "regular", not like in a drag show ! lol

If you can help, thank you !

Cindy

Hello ! ?

In January, I'm play a role in an amateur movie where I'll be some kind of "bimbo" ^^ Should be fun but I need to have my nails done, which is something I don't often do.

Two questions about that:

- is there some kind of nails extensions I can keep for about a week, then make them remove with no or few "nail harm" afterwards ? I know acryllic extensions let the nails in a kinda poor state then... Cause after that week, I get back to my regular job and my nails need to be "regular" again ?

- which length should I choose so my nails prevent me to proprely use my phone or a keyboard ? (remember, I'm supposed to play a bimbo !) I really need to feel desperate while trying to use my fingers ^^ But it also has to be "regular", not like in a drag show ! lol

If you can help, thank you !

Cindy
Hi Cindy,

Question 1)

Yes, there are, Gels and acrylics. Most if not all productions will have a Nail Tech or MuA apply and remove the acrylics daily, that's in the actors' union contract. Some productions send their actors to a nail salon to get their nails done.

Question 2)

That question and decision is up to the Director. Remember, film productions understand that cast have to live in the real world too, just like the rest of us, so all those factors you mentioned above have already been taken into consideration months ago in pre-production, and in H/M/W meetings.

Good luck and have fun on set in January!

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back