Sign in to follow this  
anababin2000

powder or foundation?

I bought both powder and foundation, but my father says that putting on foundation for no reason makes me look sick...and  that usually very old diseased people use foundation to hide their disease. Because of this, I now only use powder.

Powder is very dry and when you apply it with makeup, it does not give natural finish while foundation, if applied correct and in less amount, gives a very neat and natural finish. It is not necessary to use too much foundation that gives cake-y effect, you can use a little bit of it.

Your father is right and wrong. The purpose of foundation is cover up all the blemishes and make even-tone skin. You cannot do this with power. But foundation can be oily. So profer order is foundation then powder. But many people use just foundation because making even-tone skin is more important than looking natural.  Due to foundation's thick feeling, people use BB cream. It's lighter than foundation but still covers many things. Famous BB cream is Missha. ( waimore.com/2018/12/15/missha ) If you want to cover up your skin then go with foundation, if you want natural look skin then go with BB cream. Power does not cover.  

On 1/1/2019 at 6:25 PM, anababin2000 said:

I bought both powder and foundation, but my father says that putting on foundation for no reason makes me look sick...and  that usually very old diseased people use foundation to hide their disease. Because of this, I now only use powder.

Foundations are meant to even out your skin tone. Powders are meant to set your foundation. That's the process, regardless if you wear a full coverage look or a natural finish in your make-up look.

Yes there are powder foundations, but their finish is dry and can be cakey looking. So as a beginner, avoid powder foundations, unless you have very oily skin. Even then I find them to have a cakey finish. Sul5 is on the right track in their comment.

I use both and I think my skin look natural. If I put only a foundation my skin is too oily. In the summer I use powder only.