powder or foundation?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I bought both powder and foundation, but my father says that putting on foundation for no reason makes me look sick...and  that usually very old diseased people use foundation to hide their disease. Because of this, I now only use powder.

Powder is very dry and when you apply it with makeup, it does not give natural finish while foundation, if applied correct and in less amount, gives a very neat and natural finish. It is not necessary to use too much foundation that gives cake-y effect, you can use a little bit of it.

Your father is right and wrong. The purpose of foundation is cover up all the blemishes and make even-tone skin. You cannot do this with power. But foundation can be oily. So profer order is foundation then powder. But many people use just foundation because making even-tone skin is more important than looking natural.  Due to foundation's thick feeling, people use BB cream. It's lighter than foundation but still covers many things. Famous BB cream is Missha. (  ) If you want to cover up your skin then go with foundation, if you want natural look skin then go with BB cream. Power does not cover.  

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought both powder and foundation, but my father says that putting on foundation for no reason makes me look sick...and  that usually very old diseased people use foundation to hide their disease. Because of this, I now only use powder.
Foundations are meant to even out your skin tone. Powders are meant to set your foundation. That's the process, regardless if you wear a full coverage look or a natural finish in your make-up look.

Yes there are powder foundations, but their finish is dry and can be cakey looking. So as a beginner, avoid powder foundations, unless you have very oily skin. Even then I find them to have a cakey finish. Sul5 is on the right track in their comment.

I use both and I think my skin look natural. If I put only a foundation my skin is too oily. In the summer I use powder only.

I am not a fan of tonal means for the face of the skin, I prefer to use powder. I recently met Korean cosmetics and ordered compact powder on the site https://koreakos.com/make-up/powder-pact/etude-house-fix-fix-tone-up-pact-9-5g. Powder came very quickly and I was very pleased with the product. Powder copes with its core responsibilities. It creates an even tone and visually gives the skin a healthy look, smoothes the relief. It is well applied and stays firmly on the face for more than 5 hours. I gladly use this tool and am very glad that I decided to buy it.

i prefer liquid over powder because i sweat a lot and am oily and i find that liquid holds up better. i had to return my barepro powder foundation recently because sweat just caused it to break apart on face and it honestly hurt me because the shade was a good match and i dont think its consistent with liquid. ive used powder foundation to try to set and "fix" my liquid foundation to make it match more to face

I have an uneven complexion, so I use BB cream. Recently sat on the site of Korean cosmetics and stumbled upon the SS-cream. Immediately decided to try, ordered on the site https://koreakos.com/make-up/cc-cream/beyond-phyto-aqua-water-cc-spf28-pa. The cream came very quickly. I really liked the cream, it perfectly evens the complexion, does not provoke the appearance of inflammation and hides minor skin imperfections. CC cream is very economical, so I think this tube will be enough for 4 months, then I will order more!

Latest posts

Back