Freelance for TF or It!?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have been trying to make my mind up for days now.. and I am so torn. A quick breakdown of my history, I have been a MUA for 10 years, I've worked as a beauty advisor and counter manager for Lancome, and Philosophy. After taking a break for a year I have decided to hop into the free lance job field! This week I was presented with the opportunities to work for Too Faced, OR It! Cosmetics, I can't do both because it's a conflict of interest... or else all of my problems would be solved!

I know who I would go with based on just logistics, but at the same time I know which brand my heart lies with. Has anyone worked for either of these brands and can tell me what it's REALLY like after you sign with them? Who would you go with?!

I have been trying to make my mind up for days now.. and I am so torn. A quick breakdown of my history, I have been a MUA for 10 years, I've worked as a beauty advisor and counter manager for Lancome, and Philosophy. After taking a break for a year I have decided to hop into the free lance job field! This week I was presented with the opportunities to work for Too Faced, OR It! Cosmetics, I can't do both because it's a conflict of interest... or else all of my problems would be solved!

I know who I would go with based on just logistics, but at the same time I know which brand my heart lies with. Has anyone worked for either of these brands and can tell me what it's REALLY like after you sign with them? Who would you go with?!
Hi tmarie333, I am going to apologize in advance here, as you've been in the industry for quite some time and I am guessing you know what freelancing means.  Freelance is defined as working for an Artistry agency, a modelling agency or photographers. It also includes working in film and television, either in house, in studio or network station. There is no selling of product.

Too Faced and It are both retail brands. They are not make-up agencies that represent artists to do editorial fashion shoots etc. I am a bit confused with your use of the term freelance though. Are you going to represent the brand at functions? Or represent the brand at Sephora? Or are they sponsors to photographers or modelling agencies?

I do understand the conflict of interest bit, as Too Faced and It are both retail competitors. And no I haven't worked for them, but I have worked for Lancome with their Club Artiste division back in the late 90's and early 00's across Canada in malls, at Sephora locations, and at special functions that Lancome was a sponsor for. Even then it was still about sales.

I think it would come down to what kind of benefits each brand will offer you in terms of health, dental, life etc. that would sway me into working for one of them.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Back