Airbrush Foundation?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi! 

I’m a professional MUA, but I haven’t ventured into the world of airbrush foundation yet. I’ve been reading reviews on different brands/kits and nothing is really jumping off the page at me. What brand do you recommend? And I don’t mean what brand would you recommend for “beginners”...I’m a quick learner and these systems aren’t cheap, so I’d rather jump in with a good brand right off the bat. :) Thanks in advance!

Rachel

Hi! 

I’m a professional MUA, but I haven’t ventured into the world of airbrush foundation yet. I’ve been reading reviews on different brands/kits and nothing is really jumping off the page at me. What brand do you recommend? And I don’t mean what brand would you recommend for “beginners”...I’m a quick learner and these systems aren’t cheap, so I’d rather jump in with a good brand right off the bat. ? Thanks in advance!

Rachel
Hi Rachel,

I use two brands.  MAC's Pro Performance HD Airbrush Make-up and PPI's Skin Illustrator refills. I use the Skin Illustrator as a tattoo cover on high traffic areas on the skin prone to a lot rubbing on wardrobe, such as the lower neck, upper centre chest, and forearms, as it has better longevity than MAC's airbrush foundation, as it's alcohol based.

This past summer I worked with a MuA on show and she used Kett's Hydro Proof airbrush foundation. No, I haven't personally used this airbrush foundation yet, but the results looked great and the longevity held up well on the actors.

The best remover I found that quickly flushes the lines and gun is MUSST's brush cleaner. 

HTH Good Luck! ?

Latest posts

Back