Off My No Buy and doing what I want

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Bit tired of my no buy. Need a vacation. Yves Rocher sale haul completed. Makes me embarassed to post all these things on here! 

Last edited by a moderator:
I got a little haul from the Yves Rocher January sale. 

Items from the 2018 Christmas collection. I always love the bath and body products Yves Rocher creates each Christmas. They always have beautiful packaging. These smell just like tea. I just fell in love with the packaging, and I adore tea. Yves always has a holiday makeup collection, too. The blue box is a highlighter duo. I was a little let down that it is made of cardboard, but I fell in love with that packaging also. 

Items from the 2018 Summer collection. I also love the special bath and body and makeup collections Yves comes out with for the summer. This year they had a Maracuja scent, which is passion flower and ginger. The bronzer is amazing - it is Monoi scented! I love the cheery yellow compact. 

The blue box is a free full sized perfume, GWP. 

These were super affordable. The bath and body items were two to four dollars each. The makeup items were the most costly, but were still under ten dollars each. Happy haul! 

IMG_0437[1].JPG

IMG_0438[1].JPG

Expensive, but beautiful ... Guerlain Little Black Dress Top Coat. It is fragranced, and the scent is said to last 24 hours, so it's really a good value. A top coat, perfume, and collectible bottle all in one. That was my rationalization for getting it. ? The photo does not do it justice. 

IMG_0439[1].JPG

When I was on my No Buy I got tired of buying cotton pads all the time, and wished for some fabric facial pads. Now I am collecting them. They seem like an affordable and practical luxury. I got interested in Etsy sellers who make handmade versions with all kinds of cute fabrics.  I purchased from a seller called Garance Couture. They are so cute and are substantial and well made. They have terry cloth on the reverse side. 

Then I was innocently watching Serein Wu's No Buy vlog to be good. I love her No Buy vlogs. They are better than Netflix. She was using some fabric cotton rounds and had an amazon link to them, and I ended up buying them. What a pretty package, and so soft. They come with a little laundry bag. The company is called ProCIV. 

These are all too pretty to use, however. I might use them to apply toner to perfectly clean face, but take off mascara with them? Remove nail polish with them? I don't think so. So I'll probably still end up getting cotton pads.IMG_0450[1].JPG

IMG_0452[1].JPG

IMG_0453[1].JPG

I just found the Wet and Wild Rebel Rose Full Collection Box. Prettiest thing I have ever seen. It is me! Planning to get it as soon as I have the money. So romantic, and has skin care too. I WAAAAAAAANT IT! :6796-emoji:

I don't know how to add a photo, but you must see the brushes. 

Got makeup brush from Aliexpress ... 

oops ipod not working maybe I won't be putting my bad photos on here any more. I'm not exactly an Instagram guru! 

Sorry about that. 

It is white with pale blue bristles. 

I calmed down since I saw the new Wet and Wild Rebel Rose Collection. I was so excited when I first saw it, and wanted to get the complete collection box for $59.99! I ended up just ordering the Rose Multi-Use Oil for now. It's the item I wanted most - it's in a beautiful glass bottle and has actual rose petals floating inside the bottle. I love it! For $7.99, I think it's a great buy! 

Next on my list would be the gorgeous black rose deign blush brush for $7.99. And maybe the toner for $7.99. I think I can be happy with just those three items. I narrowed it down, but man I am in love with this line! Wet and Wild says this collection marks a new direction of them beginning to get into skin care. I am excited for that, because if this is a sign of things to come, we will be able to have beautiful packaging and ingredients at a great price. 

Latest posts

Back