Ipsy February 2019

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I signed up, then got nervous and cancelled. I don't know if I will get the bag or not. I saw a bag with lipstick kisses, Valentine themed, and Elemis. I have never tried Elemis and would love to have some. I love February, because everything is pink, my favorite color. Birchbox has a Valentine themed box, but it's sort of minimalist and laid back, a denim blue with really small hearts. I'm not into it. I want over the top pink everything. Ipsy has some really pretty pink and red makeup brushes for the month. If I do get it, I'll let you know all about it. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Have you seen the new system at Ipsy? It's really fun, yet kind of funny too. When I previewed my Glam Room, I could see the same old is going in my bag, a primer [MAC Strobe Cream - is that a primer? Oh no, it's a highlighter.] and that same pink eye brush they always send me [full sized nail polish though]. Then, you are able to add three extra products to your bag. The extras were all really attractive, in contrast to the meh bag. There are full sized products and sample sizes. 

Good marketing idea, Ipsy.  :smilehappyyes:  I have to laugh. To me, this is better than the Birchbox add on program. Ipsy only lets you add three items, so there is a built in spending limit. There is a limited, curated selection of things. There is a fixed prince of $12.00 for full size products and $3.00 for sample size. This is good for people like me who turn to sub boxes out of anxiety about shopping and spending too much. Also with the Ipsy system you can see your bag before choosing ad ons. 

This option only was up for one day, yesterday, 2/2. It's gone from my Glam Room now. I would have wanted to add:

• Full sized Finding Ferdinand Lipstick. This is something I had never heard of before. It's a company that lets you create a customized lipstick and name it. How wonderful is that? You can get a customized mini lipstick for $6.00. I would try to recreate a shade for the 60s or 70s, like one from Yardley or Biba. The lipstick Ipsy had was not custom though. They had two shades to pick from. The full size is usually $30.00.  
  • Full sized LXMI Pure Nilotica Melt - This is a beautiful package of an organic ingredient - a fruit butter from near the Nile River. It is $28.00. 
  • Sample Elemis Superfood Facial Cleanser - I've never tried Elemis, always wanted to. 
That would have been an extra $27, so my Ipsy would have been $37. Seems like a lot, but those are nice products, and I would still be saving on them. 

Thanks Ipsy, I like this system of shopping with limits. That's the kind of shopping I need and want. I'm overwhelmed by the universe of choices. I want to have fun shopping, but not endless temptation. This could be a way to do a Low Buy, being allowed an Ipsy bag and three products per month of choice. 

Ipsy arrived. It looks so little after Boxycharm. My photos are not working today. The bag is nicer in real life than in the photo. I got three little samples and a nail polish. The nail polish is excellent - has a natural ingredient that is antifungal. Also got the ubiqitous pink eye brush. The info card is really nice now, with really useful info and tips. 

Ipsy has a lot of exciting things going on. They let you add items to your bag to upgrade it now, like Birchbox, and they have a luxe version now for $25.00, like Boxy. I think Boxycharm is more impressive for now! 

Beautiful Glam Bag products for February - what I wish I had received. 

These are my favorites in the Glam Bag February products sampled

• M.A.C. Studio Fix Powder Foundation 
  • KNC Beauty Star Eye Mask 
  • Purlisse Coconut Oil + Coffee Body Butter 
  • The Balm Cosmetics Alternative Rock Vol 1 Eye Shadow - color Take it for Granite. It's shimmery lilac with grey undertones, and just beautiful 
  • Elemis Superfoood Facial Wash 

Latest posts

Back