What are some of the designer wedding dress tips that brides must consider?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Everyone dreams for an elegant wedding dress since their childhood. Right from the exact specification to the material to even sequins, you dream about everything. Nowadays, teenagers are exposed to different designers, thanks to celebrity weddings. So, what should the bride-to-be consider when doing shopping for designer dresses for the wedding: · Hunt for the dress you want before visiting the store. You could take a picture from a fashion magazine or check out a celebrity post on Instagram. · Usually, girls go with a mindset when they do designer dresses for wedding shopping. Be open to some changes you could fall for something better · Bridal sizing could also be different, i.e. it can be one or two inches more than your regular clothes ·Designer dresses take time to deliver. So, shop for them at least 4-8 months before your wedding date

Last edited by a moderator:
The answer to this certainly depends on your priorities, but the following consistently hold true for our clients:

1. Wedding Theme: You may not want to wear a princess ball gown for a sandy beach wedding. You also may not want to wear a translucent/see-through corset wedding gown for a super conservative or religious wedding.

2. Body Type: Dress size and measurements and what aspects you'd like to hide or accentuate to make you feel your best.

3. The look you're trying to achieve: Are you trying to be a ballroom princes, casual beauty, bohemian chic, feminine, bold, etc.? Think about your goal.

4. Budget: If you are hell-bent on buying a dress, please make sure you can afford the dress. It breaks my heart hearing the horror stories of women going into debt over a dress which they aren't able to sell even after two years of having the dress listed. If you have a champagne taste on a shoe-string budget, or simply prefer a more convenient wedding dress-shopping experience, consider renting instead (such as on Get The Gown.

Thanks for the tips, but could anyone recommend good London wedding venues? I'm almost sure we're gonna choose one from here.

Latest posts

Back