How long will it take me to lose 10 pounds?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
It may be possible to lose 10 pounds in a week. However, it will not be 10 pounds of body fat. Some of the weight loss will likely be from water. Losing significant amounts of weight quickly is not recommended and may be dangerous.

The Center for Disease Control (CDC) recommend people looking to lose weight aim to lose between 1–2 pounds per week for safe, healthy weight loss. While some individuals may be able to lose a more significant amount of weight per week at the beginning of their weight loss journey, it is not possible for everyone.

Those that do manage to lose a lot of weight should be aware that this rate of weight loss is not sustainable. People attempting to lose more than the recommended 1–2 pounds per week should only do so under the supervision of their doctor.

Rapid weight loss does come with risks including:

• increased likelihood of gallstones
  • dehydration 
  • electrolyte imbalance
  • headaches 
  • fatigue
  • irritability
  • disruption of the menstrual cycle
The risks increase the longer someone follows a very restricted diet intended for rapid weight loss.

Source: https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/321493.php

It all depends on what exactly you will do. In order to lose 10 pounds you need to change your diet and begin to work out. If you are in addition to training more active, then you will lose this weight faster, if you only train or only change the diet, the weight loss will take longer. I lost 5 pounds when I started walking more and began to eat less carbohydrates. Now my weight suits me. I can sometimes eat junk food, but in order to be in shape I try to walk 10,000 steps every day. I found in this article 
https://osxtips.net/apple-watch-count-steps/ how to change the settings of my apple watch so that they count my steps. It really helps me keep an eye on my weight and well-being. In order to lose weight you need to make an effort, but even harder to keep your shape.

Back