Sephora Play! Smarts

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Wow, so much I missed during my No Buy Year! I see Sephora has a new bag called Play! Smarts. Instead of a random set of samples, customers are given products around a particular theme. Also, an online class is provided. It just feels so organized, and maybe a way for me to actually use things from a box instead of letting them pile up. I wish I would have gotten the skin care bag for women over 50! Now on the site I see they had a complexion makeup bag, but it's out of stock. ? Does anyone know how often these come out? Makeup overwhelms me, so it would be good to practice on one area at a time. This speaks to me on many levels. I've actually never tried the regular Play! box. I got one of the luxe bags and really liked it. They had Peter Thomas Roth Hungarian Thermal Water Cream in the recent Play! Smarts box. I'm going to be looking out for the next one.

Update: the classes can be seen on Sephora's YouTube channel. History of boxes so far:

• June 2018 - Glitter Eyes for Real Life - the inaugural box. 
  • August 2018 - Superfoods Feed Your Face 
  • September 2018 - Skincare by Age 30s, 40s, 50s. 
  • October 2018 - K-Beauty: Skin Innovation
  • October 2018 - Superfoods: Inner and Outer Beauty 
  • November 2018 - Complexion Your Way: Dewey and Matte
It should be time for a new one, no? Maybe it was test marketing for last year. 

I recall when looking through magazines from the 1970s there was a mail order beauty club called The Butterfly Club. They would send a shipment for eye makeup the first time, lip makeup the next time, etc., so you could make yourself over little by little. I loved the ad. I have been unable to find the ad online. Anybody remember? I believe it was like Cosmetique Club. 

I liked Birchbox Beta from 2017, where they sent kits based on a specific area. I got overwhelmed with all the choices they had, though. Could never decide which one to get, or should I get the regular box, or the curated box. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Back