Has anybody hereever tried face exercises?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I was looking at natural ways to slim my face and came across this super detailed, well-sourced article on face exercises.

I was skeptical, but there's quite a few studies to back this stuff up.

In a 2018 study published in the journal JAMA Dermatology, facial yoga and exercises monitored over a 20-week period in a sample of 16 participants found significant and noticeable changes in their faces: researchers noted “firmer skin, fuller upper and lower cheeks” along with a more youthful appearance overall. The participants were middle-aged women aged 40 to 65. JAMA Dermatology is the leading, most-cited medical journal on dermatology.

In 2014 the Journal of Clinical & Diagnostic Research concluded in a study on facial exercises that “muscle conditioning, training and strengthening through daily exercises will help counterbalance the aging effects.”

Another 2014 study published in the Aesthetic Surgery Journal, an overview was conducted which concluded that all nine outcomes produced positive results and noticeable “facial rejuvenation” — however, the study failed to produce a conclusive control group.

All of the studies I've seen specifically tested the effects for women over 30 and found positive results.

Anybody try face exercises before? I've started doing it for a week now and it's relaxing before going to bed. Not sure if the effects will be long-term YET, but I'm trying it out still.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back