Best Treatment for Head Lice

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Head lice are parasitic insects that infest the scalp and feed on the blood extracted from the skin. They do not pose the risk of any fatal illness. However they can be quite bothersome as they cause a great deal of itching. They are also contagious and spread easily from one individual to another. Children are more prone to infestation by head lice. If left untreated, the continuous itching could result in inflammation and infection. Treatment should be done as soon as head lice are detected. One can make use of commercially available medicated shampoos for getting rid of head lice. Some people also prefer to use natural treatment for head lice. Most people also believe that the best treatment for head lice is by using natural remedies.

Natural Home Treatment for Head Lice

Home treatment for head lice can be done using fresh onion juice. The juice may be applied to the scalp and allowed to remain for about 3 hours. Following this, the scalp and hair may be washed with a gentle shampoo. Raw custard apple powder can be applied to the scalp at night and washed off the next morning. This is known to be effective in getting rid of head lice and nits. Essential oils are also beneficial in treating head lice.

Oils such as tea tree oil or witch hazel may be diluted with some carrier oil and then massaged into the scalp on a regular basis. A solution of vinegar and water can also be used to get rid of head lice. Another effective natural remedy for head liceis a paste of garlic and lemon juice. The pungent nature of the mixture helps to kill the lice and destroy the nits. Some people also obtain relief from head lice by adding some peppermint oil to regular shampoo.

A simple treatment for head lice is coconut oil. You can also add some camphor powder to the oil and massage the scalp with it. Allow the oil to stay on for the night and wash the hair with mild shampoo the next morning.After washing the head or using any of these remedies, one must comb the hair with a lice comb. This helps to remove the lice and nits from the hair. Wet or oiled hair is easier to comb. The best treatment for head lice is to maintain good hygiene of the scalp and hair.

The head must be washed on a regular basis, especially if you have visited any crowded place. It is also advisable to avoid sharing personal objects such as combs, hairbrushes and caps. The best treatment for head lice would also depend on the type of hair and the condition of your scalp.

I hope I can help somebody with this the article :)
I m Katty and I m new here. I m author on blog https://messyhair.net
I m proud wife and mother of 2 kids. That is it for now, we will talk more later :)

Very nice article. Thank you for sharing the knowledge. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Most treatments for head lice need to be used twice, seven to 10 days apart, along with combing wet hair with a fine-toothed comb to remove nits. Some lice are resistant to pyrethrins and permethrin. That's when it makes sense to turn to stronger prescription drugs, such as ivermectin and spinosad (Natroba).

Latest posts

Back