Sub boxes from the last decade that I miss

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I remember when I first found Birchbox. It has been almost ten years. Since that time, so many beauty boxes have come and gone. There are many that did not work out, but I enjoyed them and miss them. 

• Beauty Army - I was there the day it launched. It was an event! I still have one of the pretty Army boxes - the white one. I loved picking my products and receiving those cute boxes. I got some lovely things. 
  • Beautyfix - The old version, where you could pick several items you wanted. It was great value! 
  • The Look Bag - I was thrilled when they sent me samples of the Erno Laszlo Hollywood Collection. These were special creams that Dr. Laszlo had blended specifically for his celebrity patients. There was a Grace Kelly cream, a Marilyn Monroe cream - they were wonderful! I was over the moon.
  • Sample Society - They had high end niche brands. I remember getting Butter London and Dyptique. I loved getting the box in the mail. Then they had the warehouse sales and I got a whole pile of the boxes at once, which was amazing. I'm thinking of the era with the black boxes, not so much the red Allure boxes. 
  • Sindulge - This was my favorite ever. Sadly it did not last. I think it was too ambitious. They launched and you could subscribe for one cent for the first month, then you had an esthetician put together a box for you based on your beauty type and concerns. You would do a video call with her, or send in a form. I sent in the form and the lady sent me a terrific box. I really believed it was just for me. I don't think they could keep up with the program. 
  • So Choix - I still have some perfume vials and a little jar with some shards from Guerlain Meteorites from them. I loved them but I bet beauty companies did not, since they hand cut samples for you of some very costly stuff. 
Thanks for the fun times, I miss all of you. 

Back