Sign in to follow this  
EdithS2

30 Minutes of Beauty Shopping Per Day

This is my newest idea. I resolve that I will limit myself to 30 minutes [no more] of beauty shopping per day. This includes:

• Watching beauty related YouTube videos
  • Following beauty box spoilers
  • Checking to see what's new on my favorite sites
  • Opening new packages that come in the mail 

Each day I will post very briefly how I spent my 30 minutes and how the plan is working.

Using my old products in my project use it up/pan does not count toward the 30 minutes. This is only related to looking for and getting new stuff. I cleaned my room today and I tracked my whole day today (I deleted the post after out of shame) and I realized I spend every waking moment on this stuff! This will begin at midnight tonight. 🕛 I also closed two credit cards today. I am taking back my power.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Day One: 2:40 am - 3:10 am - I always wake up at this time and love to go online to shop! I love this quiet time. It's stormy out. I don't have a cent to shop today. I set up a new account on Yves Rocher. I had deleted the old one, but really want to place an order. I discovered the Holiday Edition Comme Une Evidence fragrance - the box and bottle are so beautiful. It is $23.00. I checked for Birchbox updates and Glossybox spoilers. I have a March Glossybox in the mail. I went on the Focallure web site. I want the new babebox. Now my half hour is up, and I need to be on No Buy until midnight. No looking at anything new. I don't feel sleepy at all now; I feel wide awake. I can watch Serein Wu's new No Buy vlog today if I want - I am allowed to watch No Buy content. 🕒

Edited by EdithS2
  • Like 1

Day Two: 12:00 am-12:30 am - I did it! I did not shop or check online yesterday after 3:10 am. I went back to bed and had a nice rest. I woke up feeling rested, clear headed, focused, and motivated. I was productive at work. It was a big day. I came home and had my dinner and went to bed. I woke up thirsty and it was midnight, time for my shopping half hour! My Shop Miss A package had come in the mail, so I opened that. I got two soaps, Aloe Vera and Black Soap, a packet of cleansing conditioner, fade cream for oily skin, and perfume oil called Night Queen. And when I got up to open my package, my brother came with a bag of vintage earrings his friend had sent for me! They are lovely, special and a sign from the universe that I am doing the right thing letting go and cutting back. I don't have to chase good things all the time. Let go, and they will come to you. After I opened my new things and put them away (there's no more room in my soap storage box, an old mailer from the French Box subscription), it was 12:18. I checked to see if I had any Birchbox spoilers yet, and if there were any new Glossybox spoilers. There were none, so I went to look again at the Yves Rocher Comme Une Evidence Holiday perfume bottle. I still love it. That's all for today. No more shopping or checking for the rest of the day. It's going well so far. 🕛

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Day Three: 12:00 am -12:30 am - Yesterday I saw there were some beauty box spoilers out, but I told myself I had to wait until it was my shopping half hour to look at them. I went to bed after dinner and woke up at 10:50, and organized my finances and some papers while waiting for midnight. When midnight arrived, I checked my Birchbox account. No update on my March box yet. Maybe they have not assembled my box yet. I changed my profile to state that I would wish for fragrances, instead of hair care. I don't need new shampoo any more, and Birchbox sends nice perfume samples. Then I checked on Glossybox. I saw a new spoiler for a cleanser called Nuria. I went to check it out. I hope I get the one with Mandarin Orange extract from Japan! Next, time to check Target's March Beauty Box. Love at first sight! Love the Bliss Rose Gold cleanser. I might get this box when I get paid. I saw that Boxycharm is doing a skincare box in April, and that Allure is sending a La Mer set to new subscribers. That's a nice looking toner they have in the March Allure box. Finally, I went back to Yves Rocher, and looked at the perfume I like again. I enjoy looking at it. Of course, I found other things I like on the site. That was fun. No more shopping for 24 hours now. After all, it is Ash Wednesday. 🙏

Edited by EdithS2

Day Four: 12:00-12:30 am - I still don't have an update on my March Birchbox. It looks like my March Glossybox will arrive today. I saw spoilers for Glossybox Version 1, but I think I am getting Version 2. Version 1 has a cool French brand called DWTN Paris - they have modernistic, yet delicate and natural face makeup called "Eau de Teint." There was also a nice Manna Kadar mascara in the box. I checked to see if the Target Beauty Box is still in stock. I still love it. Then, I wanted to check out the toner in the March Allure Beauty Box spoilers, Mamonde Rose Toner. I thought Mamonde must be a great French pharmacy brand, but it's actually a K Beauty brand! I lost myself in Mamonde's beautiful website. They have their own flower gardens; the entire line is based on flowers. They have gorgeous retail stores. I like the rose petal bubble masque. I enjoyed the site so much, I signed up for their email list. Then I went to the Allure site, debating whether I should get the March bag because of the Mamonde. It's nice that Allure is sending makeup bags now. That's it for today, no more shopping until tomorrow, even though I get my pay in the morning. 🌹

I messed up on this plan yesterday and today. I felt better while I was on it. Every day at midnight is a chance to try again! Maybe I'll try it again! Try it again tomorrow! 

Posted (edited)

Saturday 2:40-3:10 am - I purchased some things I've really been wanting - March Target Beauty Box, Wet and Wild Rebel Rose Toner and Blush Brush, and from IKateHouse, Couture Contour Beauty Bag and 2012 Nail Polish from Cherimoya. I also signed up for the March Sephora Play! box. When I was off this plan Thursday and Friday, I resubscribed for April Ipsy, and also got the Yves Rocher things I wanted, and signed up for Focallure box. I think I pretty much got all I wanted. Some of these were excellent buys, although the Focallure box is a bit anxiety inducing as it's expensive, and hard to cancel after the free month. NOW, no more shopping until midnight Sunday! This may be a little hard, as it's Saturday and I have nothing to do. I am telling myself that even if I am bored, if I keep myself from looking online, I'll be doing something major - I will avoid spending money, and seeing more things I want! It will be an accomplishment. :flowers:

Edited by EdithS2

Posted (edited)

Estee Lauder bonus at Macy's and also a beauty fridge set. They are offering past beauty bags as GWP when you get something and even when you get a prom dress. Lancome has some amazing new perfumes and Estee is bringing back the 60s and 70s perfumes.

Edited by EdithS2

Posted (edited)

I'm ashamed of all the things I put on here. It's another habit I wish I would not do. 

Edited by EdithS2