Newbie Looking For Product Suggestions

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
As someone who is not makeup advanced at all, I'm looking to try a few new things!

I have never used anything other than foundation, eyeshadow, green and yellow concealer, mascara, eyeliner, lipstick and blush. 

So I know nothing about primers, moisturizers, sprays, contour or anything like that, but I'm curious. 

I don't want to do anything fancy and I just like simple makeup but I do love subtle blended colors of eyeshadows and things like that. 

I also don't want to spend too much on any one thing unless I really need to! So, I was wondering, what are some products and brands that would change my makeup life forever? What's something I should try that will change the game for me and bring my makeup up a notch? Something I won't be able to live without once I try it?? I mainly just buy CoverGirl or dollar store stuff and would like to expand my horizon!

I really like Pixi makeup and skin care. The products work well and are not super expensive. Their palettes are nice too. There are several different variations depending on what colors you are looking for.

Here some Effordable Answers that works:

• Diagrams for eyeshadow that show what the "waterline," "crease," etc. are.
  • Explanation of color theory/undertones
  • Highlighting/contouring (I think just mentioning that it exists would suffice because this is probably more of an advanced thing, but it basically blew my mind when I realized this was a thing)
  • The fact that makeup counters give samples
  • Monistat being used as a primer (like what?!!?)
  • Maybe a link to pictures of the different brush to show the differences between them
  • Might be worth it to mention that cleaning brushes on the regular is a good thing (and mention of cleaning methods?)
  • Popular websites/tutorials on youtube for further exploration (Lisa Eldridge, Beautyepic, Wayne Goss, ...etc.)

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back