Why does my foundation ALWAYS look bad/cakey?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi, I'm I just joined makeuptalk and this is my first post...I have a problem of my foundation always looking bad/cakey no matter what I try.

I prep my skin for makeup by doing my skincare routine and then I apply "Smashbox - Photo Finish" or "Mac - Prep + Prime Fix +". Then I use a damp Beauty Blender to blend my foundation (I've tried all types, high-end to affordable) but it doesn't make a difference. I've even tried lighter coverage such as bb cream but still the same outcome...

What am I doing wrong? Is it cus I have a lot of "peach fuzz" aka hair on my face so my products dont absorb into my skin, instead they just sit ontop? Any similar experiences, suggestions? Thank you. :(

20190501_020312.jpg

Do you use an exfoliator regularly? I've noticed that my makeup doesn't hold well and my skin care doesn't work as well if I don't exfoliate regularly. I really like to use the PIXI Peel and polish for regular exfoliating. I use it 2-3 times a week.  For more deep exfoliation I use the dermae microdermabrasion.

Make sure to start with a good skincare routine. Cleanser, Toner, Moisturizer. I also like to use some face oil with my moisturizer which really helps me. I do this all before I prime to make sure my skin is as hydrated as possible. I recommend Rose Hip Nourishing Oil by Mario Badescu.

I think you need to address the skin itself. What is your daily regimen? What products do you use?

Latest posts

Back