Sign in to follow this  
minhphuong66

Take care of your hair when you are treating cancer

Wigs - tips for wearing a wig over new hair growth

When it comes to wearing a wig over new hair there are a few tips that can make all the difference.

Tips for wearing a wig over new hair growth

How to prevent your wig from slipping

You may need to find a new way to ensure that your wig feels secure. Take a look at our suggestions below:

Wig cap

A wig cap can be worn over hair or on a bare scalp to make the wig feel more comfortable. It is separate from the wig. Wig caps are an accessory made from fine elasticated fabric, shaped like one foot of a pair of tights (or a little footsie) that is worn as an under layer. A wig cap is put on the head before putting on the wig.

It really is a case of trial and error to see if a wig cap adds more comfort to you. It is worth a try if your wig is feeling uncomfortable or insecure.

Wearing a wig cap may help:

If your scalp is very sweaty making your head wet as it can help absorb sweat

If your wig feels as if it is slipping when worn over hair, e.g. new hair growth (or you could try using wig clips)

If your wig is itchy

If you are getting an irritable, spotty or greasy scalp when wearing your wig

When initially trying on wigs or headwear to gather and hide hair

Silk lining

A silk lining or fabric lining can be hand sown into a wig at a cost of around £50+. A lining often has silicone tapes added that help the wig to fit securely. Additionally, wig tape or wig clips can also be used.

A silk lining is ideal for added comfort and can help with anyone who is sensitive to the feel of the weft wig base. Silk linings can be fitted by a professional wig supplier but can also be hand sown on. Ensure that you don’t cover the inner adjustable belt straps if adding a silk lining yourself.

Wig clips

Clips in varying sizes can be hand sown strategically to the inside of your wig or hairpiece to help a wig fit securely when worn over hair or hair thinning. Following new hair growth after chemotherapy treatment, adding wig clips is an ideal way to add some extra security if you feel that your wig is prone to slipping.

Advice: You may use Fucoidan - a dosage of Japan algae to support treating cancer effectively

benh ung thu.jpg

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• NARS Cosmetics Shop Cargo Cosmetics Today!

• Recent images in this topic

• Helllo ladies, I'm Liza and new and new to the makeuptalk community. I am trying hard to get rid of post pregnancy weight and thinking of doing a weight loss camp; so I was just wondered if any of you had, participated with weight loss camps before and if you did what your onion on them was, were they really worthwhile, did you really lose weight, any feedback would be good Thank you so much everyone
    • It’s finally spring, which means new fashion and makeup trends are upon us! To make sure you look your best, we’ve asked Christina Flach, celebrity makeup artist and owner of Pretty Girl Makeup, for the best spring makeup tips. Follow these and you are sure to look amazing! Get Your Brows Done Choose Full, Pastel Lips Try a Smokey Eye Throw Away that Old Mascara Bronze Those Cheeks! Take Care of Your Skin Stay Hydrated You can also read: The Biggest Skincare Trends Of 2019
    • I ordered a few things from Yves Rocher mainly for my daughter. I ordered couple of their nail polishes and I had never tried them before. They are nice. I'm usually good about throwing the envelope from them in the trash but couldn't resist this time and placed an order.
    • Awesome! I am a fan of makeup and skin care products. Currently, I am using Skeyndor products and it offers awesome skin products in India at best rates. 
    • What a great  keys to winning blackjack!😍

About MakeupTalk®

© 2003-2018 MakeupTalk.com®, an active online community and message board geared towards members wanting to discuss everything to do with makeup, cosmetics, product reviews, monthly subscription boxes and general beauty related topics. Our community provides product reviews, makeup and general beauty tips. Our most popular topics are subscription boxes and their monthly spoilers. Join our community for free to take part in the conversations and share your own beauty tips and product reviews with others. We look forward to seeing you online here at Makeuptalk®!

MakeupTalk® Facebook