Memorial Day Weekend, New Project for Summer

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I think I came up with this in my sleep last night. I tried to wake up and start on it, but was too tired, could not wake up! 

It's called "Weekly Makeup Basket Plus".

Goal: To have something to do and enjoy during weekends when I'm bored, and something to look forward to for stressful week days when there is no time to think. It's meant to be therapeutic in nature. I have tons of nice things, but I don't use them and enjoy them for a number of reasons. One reason is, I don't have a really nice storage system. I have everything in boxes, stacked and piled high. It's hard to get to things. And I have so much, I just don't know where to start. It doesn't help that I'm already a lazy "no makeup" kind of person. But that does not stop me from collecting because I love glamour and pretty things.  The goal is just to enjoy things. I don't really care if I use things up or am on a No Buy right now. I don't feel ambitious; I just want to make myself happy. 

Step 1: The first step is to start working on my weekly basket as soon as the weekend arrives. I will go through each section of storage one by one, look through all my things, cleaning and organizing as I go, and I will select things to use for the weekly basket. This will include all categories - hair care, skin care, bath and body, nails, perfume and makeup. This will give me something to do on the weekend when I get bored.

Step 2: Use the rest of the weekend to have fun with and learn about the weekly basket products before the work week begins again. 

Step 3: When the work week begins, I'll have things in place so I can have some pampering for stressed days when there is no time to think.

Step 4: At the end of the week, assess how the week went, make note of any items used up and any new items acquired, and start a new basket! 

Happy Memorial Day Weekend and Happy Summer to everybody. 

Latest posts

Back